My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
John Deere 316 Onan
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That's crazy it just blew off like that.

My gauges work well so that's why I fixed it up.

My glass would not fit in at all, like a full 1/16'' to big. I have no ide why but it wouldn't come close to fitting back in so I sanded the edges of the glass to shrink it till it snapped in tight enough to hold itself in pretty good.

This glass must have fell out long before I bought the 425 since it was caulked in place but even that guy couldn't get the glass back in. And because it hung over the lower lip it was full of dirt and water. It had so much condensation under the glass I couldn't see my gauges.

If that stops I'll be happy.

Reactions: CCMoe

·
John Deere 316 Onan
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
CCMoe, you got me thinking now.

I have no idea how the glass is supposed to look on these clusters. Mine was messed with and it's the only one I have been around. If you have a new one could you post a pic or at least look at how the glass sits.

In this picture you can see how now the glass is tight to the bottom lip. Before I sanded it down, the glass hung over this lip which makes it not seal. Is that how the factory did it?

If it is I like how how mine is now. It's at least sealed 100% the entire way around.

·
John Deere 316 Onan
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It looks like the new one has the glass sitting in it like mine is now.

Well then it's no wonder it didn't seal before with the glass on top of the bottom lip.

·
John Deere 316 Onan
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'd bet money it was worked on then.

·
John Deere 316 Onan
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I got the cluster installed today, now on to other things.

·
2,818 Posts
Nice job... and I bet that after a few hours under the sun those tape lines will mostly vanish.

·
John Deere 316 Onan
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks!

You might be right because we use this stuff at work all the time and I never remember seeing those lines before.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Here are a few more picks of new cluster.

CCMoe

Attachments

·
John Deere 316 Onan
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thank you Sir!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts