My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After winter fired up the zero turn. One of the front tires was flat. I remember reading a post about tieing a belt around the tire to get the tire to seat on the rim. But I don't recall exactly how to do it.
Could someone please explain how to get the tire and the rim in contact so I can get some air to stay in there. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Jack the tire up, along the circumference tie off the tire with a rope with small loop in it. Then while it's filling up put a small pipe in the loop and twist it tight so the twisting rope helps the tire to seat on the rim. good luck.

·
The Link King
1,056 Posts
Spray WD-40 liberally around the open bead part. Stand back and ignite with a lighter or some other flame. The tire will seat itself:fing32:

This can also be done with ether. Just be really careful if you try this. Its not really the best thing in the world for a tire........

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Spray WD-40 liberally around the open bead part. Stand back and ignite with a lighter or some other flame. The tire will seat itself:fing32:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've read of that method before and in my opinion that rates a notch above telling someone how to disable safety switches. But that's just my opinion and most everyone has one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts