My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just looking for some feedback/info on the Cub Z-Force mowers. I am looking at the 48" model. I am only mowing just under an acre, but thinking about buying the lot beside me as well, which will add almost another acre to mow. I like the fact that they have the tube frame and fab deck. What are the opinions of the folks that own these? How reliable are they and what problems do they typically have. I have searched all over for reviews and info, but havent been able to dig much up.

I'm not too concerned with the bells and whistles, just want a mower that will hold up and mow decent. Any info will be greatly appreciated. I know they aren't aa commercial grade mower, but I dont want something that will start falling apart in a few years. Especially if I am dropping 4K on a mower.

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
1,917 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was a good read. Still looking for more info about any other problems with these machines. How are the pumps and all holding up? I have read so many posts from here and other forums about what is the best one to buy and I think it just confuses me more and more. Seems like one person has X machine and thinks its the greatest thing ever, while another had X machine and says its junk and now has Y machine and its the only thing they would ever own. I have read as much Cub bashing as praising

Any other info out there?

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I can't say I've read of any failures of the Hydrogear ZT-2800 transaxles. I find mine to be smooth and very powerful. They don't complain at all on any of my inclines. Given that many of the big name ZTR manufacturers are putting the 2800's on their lower end commercial and high end residential units says a lot in my opinion. If it was a $5000+ machine I'd expect a lot more out of it. For ~$3700 they're pretty darn good. All the complaints I've read of were on the lower end Cub ZTRs or owners of super expensive commercial Cubs that didn't feel they got their money's worth.

Joel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts