My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New YTH24K48. Starts, runs, and cuts great. However, when driving straight the steering wheel is not centered. Is this an easy adjustment?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yes. Welcome to Lowe's assembly. Pop off the center cap, loosen the nut, and realign as necessary.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My YTH18542 is the same way, slightly off center. Unfortunately, the splines on the shaft are so few that no matter how I position it, it's off center in one direction or the other.

·
Registered
943 Posts
My YTH18542 is the same way, slightly off center. Unfortunately, the splines on the shaft are so few that no matter how I position it, it's off center in one direction or the other.
My GTH28V48LS had the same issue. I took it back to the dealer and they fixed that and the dreaded parking brake hang up in 24 hours!

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
163 Posts
When you say "pop off the cap," how do you release whatever clips the cap in place? Or do you just pry under the plastic with something like a putty knife?

My tractor is a 2008 2348LS that I got yesterday, and my steering wheel is almost a quarter turn off center.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Sadly, that's how Husqvarna sent it. All preassembled at the factory, though they should have fixed it at Lowes when uncrating.
considering everything you see assembled that is normally sold in a box at a Lowes (or I'm sure even home depot) store is all built by ONE guy in the store who is only allowed 39 hours per week and sometimes not even that, you'll understand how things that like there just isn't time for when he has to build 50 grills and 20 tractors in an 8 hour shift.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I guess you could adjust the drag link for minor adjustments for on-center. I'll have to look when I get home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts