My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiancé has a 21 horse B&S 42 inch cut that I think is a YT3000.She parked it last year and now it will not turn over.....period!She had the battery re-charged and still nada.Where on this thing is the main fuse and what else should I be looking for outside of the obvious like bad connections etc?Thank you.:praying:

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
Fuse location should be in the OM. (between the SMALL RED wire on the starter solenoid and the key switch)
Does it crank if you jump 12V to the SMALL terminal of the starter solenoid.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuse location should be in the OM. (between the SMALL RED wire on the starter solenoid and the key switch)
Does it crank if you jump 12V to the SMALL terminal of the starter solenoid.
She bought the thing from a family member for 600 bucks so....I will have to make the hour and 10 minute drive to her place with some of my tools to check it out.I can't afford to take the truck because it's a 454 and I am on disability.I will have to take the cycle which is why I am inquiring here.I am limited in what I can carry on the bike.I have had the Ariens down to the carriage but I have never worked on a Crafty.Wrenhcin' is wrenchin' for the most part but when ya 'aint familiar it can get dicey.As far as mice,it is in a really sanitary environment so I don't think that is an issue but,we will see.Thank you for the quick replies....as always.:congrats:

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
You might get her to have the battery TESTED before your trip.
IF it's a Briggs engine (OHV) the valves may need to be adjusted.
The compression release doesn't work if they have too much lash.

IF you/we knew the Sears 917.xxxxxx number, we could figure out WHICH tractor it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We bought a new battery and it fired right up.I am wondering if anyone can identify the model from this number 287210?It is a 2003 21 horse single with a 42" cut.There are no YT3000 I.D.'s on the hood.Thank you.:thanku:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts