My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two ?s. I was wondering if the front wheels are supposed to have bearings in them? Mine are very loose and sloppy, they do not appear to have bearings in them, but the spindles have zero ware and the wheels are not molested either. Thanks for any information.

As for the steering... When I turn the wheel, the shaft that comes down from the wheels seems solid, but the flat piece with teeth on lifts up when turned causing slop. Is there an adjustment/replacement for this problem?

Thanks again for any input!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Welcome aboard , as for bearings? I' m sure they do, never replaced any before though?
Remove the wheels and if you see a race floating around in the wheel, or stuck on the spindle you will have answered your question. Make sure you also check the spindle slop in the axle beam too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are no races or any type of bearing pieces or evidence that there were bearings in there.... Thats what I am scratching my head about..
Thnks for the reply!

·
Banned
2 Posts
There are no races or any type of bearing pieces or evidence that there were bearings in there.... Thats what I am scratching my head about..
Thnks for the reply!

can you post a pic ...I am thinking that there is plastic or brass bushings that should be in there ,,some came with them some did not

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Go to new holland ag parts site, or messicks. they have picture break downs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts