My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 2008 craftsman ys4500 and i think i have transmission problems. For starters it rattles and vibrates really bad, and every time you drive forward its like it stalls out or shifts gears. After awhile of running it it gets a little better. Any help would be appreciated i know i am not giving you guys much to work with but i hope you guys can give me an idea.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
Does it rattle when you are not moving?

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Also, check the mounting bolts. I've heard of the hydro flopping around when the bolts get loose. It affects the belt alignment and messes with the speed lever.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I havent checked the bolts yet but while i was looking for a stone i noticed that the belt is very loose would this be the culprit and it if it is what should it do? is there some sort of tensioner or is the belt stretched.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
You might want to get a lube suction gun and draw off an oil sample. If there is something busted inside, you would likely find metal fragments in the oil.

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
what is belt delamination,and is it possible it need trans fluid
I believe you will find that the transmission is sealed and not serviceable.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Delamination is where the belt splits along its length.

It wouldn't hurt to check the oil level. If it has an expansion tank the oil can be filled to the top of the fill plug.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts