My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That Grounds Keeper that I posted a while back that I wasn't too sure whether it was a Estate Keeper or Grounds Keeper, has been bought by a customer of mine who was looking for a bigger rider for his property.

He just called me and wants me to come out to his place a replace one of the belts for the deck. What a Ginormous deck! 70 inches!

Well, I need to know any of you guys got any TSC belt numbers for the small wing belts that you could share with me.

But what floored me, I began telling him about the one I had seen on C'list and he said yea, he had bought it. Now I'll get to see it up close and get some close ups of it. I wish I could get it from him, but I have only about 3 dozen too many trees on my property for any use of it. Bad thing is, he doesn't like it, now that he bought it, and is wanting to sell it. $1100, he hopes!!!! I told him that was a bit too high. I have a 52"cut rider that he is interested in, that I might be able to do some trading on, for it. I don't have that much invested in the rider, but I'd be wanting to sell it, since I wouldn't be able to use it.

These are the photo's of it, again. And I'll show one of my rider he is interested in......originally priced to him for $650......hmmm, wondering at the possibilities.

Attachments

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the Murray GT with a 52"cut deck on it. I have about $300 in it. He doesn't want the snow plow, so I'm selling it separately.

Yea, I know, I'd prefer the Bolens, too, but he thinks the age is a liability. Hmmm, about how old is that Bolens Grounds Keeper?

Attachments

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Is the out mower all wheel drive, must be great on slopes. Good luck trading...

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I know about it, it is all wheel hydrostatic drive. And articulation! I wish I had the resources to get it and keep it as a part of my stable. But money is tight. Can't do it without looking at the saleability of it. You guys that have these already seemed to think that $800 was too much for the original deal this guy bought it from. He didn't pay $800 but did some dealing of his own with a ATV and some cash.

What is a good round figure that would be a fair asking price for it. $1100 would put it out of the ball park for me and a lot of other tire kickers. So what is a fair price that I could get it for and still think about reselling it?

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
I'd put a snow plow on that!! It would handel it nicely.

·
5,525 Posts
As far as I know about it, it is all wheel hydrostatic drive. And articulation! I wish I had the resources to get it and keep it as a part of my stable. But money is tight. Can't do it without looking at the saleability of it. You guys that have these already seemed to think that $800 was too much for the original deal this guy bought it from. He didn't pay $800 but did some dealing of his own with a ATV and some cash.

What is a good round figure that would be a fair asking price for it. $1100 would put it out of the ball park for me and a lot of other tire kickers. So what is a fair price that I could get it for and still think about reselling it?
Thay are 2 wheel drive and a 3 speed stick.

Not a hydro.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Wilberj - I really don't much about them, they are cool and a beast......

Anybody help me with belts that I need to get for the outer blade spindles - maybe a belt length. They don't appear to be too large.

What kind of Wisconsin model do they run in them? A two cyl for sure, but the model? And about what year is this possibly, a ball park number?

And what are they worth in that condition, albeit running, but not really in great shape?

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
They also have high and low range, so three speeds translates to six. The OEM engine is a Wisconsin engine THD twin. Supposedly, you could also bolt up a TJD directly. Same basic engine, different firing order. The weak point in the GK's were the Cessna power steering valve. NLA from Cessna. They typically split, and replacing that valve with some other in a tight space is a real PITA.

IMO, $800 was too much the first time for one in that condition, and with no cab. $1100 for the same package is laughable. And from the pics I'm guessing that the original fuel tanks are missing too.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks LP, I had commented to him that $1100 was way too much. I haven't seen it yet, I'm supposed to go change that belt for him. He is totally clueless, mechanically speaking. He found me at the beginning of this season for his MTD to be serviced. Now he wanted a bigger mower, but it seems he don't like it. I know he wouldn't take my Murray Gt for a even trade. He'd want some cash too, but I'm cash strapped a little right now.

But he still wants my GT. Hmmm.

Can someone throw out a figure that it would be acceptable? Is $500 about on the mark for it, as far as the condition of it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts