·
Old Tractor Enthusiest
415 Posts
Good job Steve. Nice video.

·
Gravely1964
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
As an a small mile stone. Me, White Hawk and cargo in tow made it home about 11pm with out any issues. 922 miles 6am to 11pm drive :hide:

But White Hawk has another stripe in long haul / heavy haul :fing32:

P1030216.JPG Earned the rear rotors and calipers and pads it needs. Just redid the fronts to make the trip home. Rears are hanging abit now. But anyhow all is well. Snow in the mountains and my yard when I got home.

Next trick unloading it tomorrow I hope :hide: See how that goes :dunno: Clean out the garage so the truck isn't sitting out and well you know how my day is gonna go. Oh boy :hide:

didn't grab a pic when I got home. Off to bed

·
Registered
3,013 Posts

I couldn't help myself. :sidelaugh

Glad you made it back safe bud.

·
Gravely1964
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well its off the truck gentlemen :drunkie:

P1030227.JPG Setting up. Yanny warming up moveing the bucket, boom and spare parts

P1030228.JPG My helpers

P1030230.JPG The little yanmar that can :fing32:

P1030231.JPG I have vid of this to go up tonight if I get it edited.

P1030232.JPG

P1030233.JPG

P1030235.JPG

P1030240.JPG Put it all back together

P1030238.JPG Except the main boom cylinder I decided to check it out. Not to bad

P1030237.JPG But Houston we have a problem :00000060: So cylinder work is in my future. Which I knew. Thats the worst one I think. Stick cylinder rod is very rusty, but haven't checked it out yet. So I will run it for a test only and look at my options for the time being. Rechorme, new rod, new whole cylinder. I'll be checking options :fing32:

Now as far as a tractor to put under it :dunno: But was thinking maybe I should build an LI out of my spare parts. I have a 65 fan shroud, Trans cases, and bottom ends and cylinders at my disposal. Also have the good motor bad trans lots. i'll come up with something and get back to you guys :thThumbsU

Updates will be few and far between now ...........

·
4K Poster and climbing!!!
4,156 Posts
Good to see you got it off the truck and safely put away w/o any drama Steven. The yanmar can solve alot of jobs.

·
Gravely1964
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Good to see you got it off the truck and safely put away w/o any drama Steven. The yanmar can solve alot of jobs.
For sure it is Al. If I'd had never bought it. I'd have no clue on where to start with out my yanmar. After a 3 week nap she was ready for some work :thThumbsU
Got to say im right at max lifting capacity. But we can do it :fing32: Still had plenty of curl power yet :fing32:

·
Gravely1964
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Yanmar makes it look easy

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Nice! I enjoyed the video. Looks like it is a good project - just enough challenges to make it worthwhile.

·
Gravely1964
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
So I had to play around abit today. Bent the seat back and end valve handle abit. And held the rear stabilizer valve open and spun the pump by hand and sure it went down :thThumbsU Then picked the rear up 1/2 inch.

Pump works :dancingpa
Looked in the oil tank before hand and its full.
Pulled 2 lines off to get new made

P1030246.JPG And it was yellow.

P1030248.JPG Repainted and stickers removed at some point :(

·
Gravely1964
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
So what's the plan in dealing with the lack of mounting flanges? They were cut off, right?
Ah thats the easy part I figure. It mounts threw the advanced casting bolts like a normal attachment. Which will locate it. Then I can build the others to the axle flanges. Which do appear to be the same as Ron's tm. I have 2 people to reach out to with the t-head powered TM's and make sure there the same.

Also I think its 1/2 or 7/16th plate. So beefy stuff. I can tack it together at home and haul it to work and use are stick welder to weld them on :fing32:

In other news on expensive stuff I started buying hoses :hide:

P1030250.JPG

P1030252.JPG 2 hoses a week will take awhile but won't break the bank :fing32:

P1030253.JPG

P1030254.JPG Looks like I'll get 2 hoses about every pay check :hide: This was shop 1. I have 2 others yet to try and comepare price wise :fing32:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I had no idea hoses had gotten so expensive. I guess in reality the ends are the expensive part, right?

Any idea how old that hydraulic oil is Steve? If there's a possibility of water in it, well you know.

·
Gravely 2-wheeler
908 Posts
FWIW some NAPA stores make hydraulic hose assemblies based on your old one. I'm not sure if all NAPA stores provide this service or what the cost would be. I had hoses made by NAPA years ago for a boat stern drive trim pump. They fit nicely and worked well.

·
Gravely1964
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
FWIW some NAPA stores make hydraulic hose assemblies based on your old one. I'm not sure if all NAPA stores provide this service or what the cost would be. I had hoses made by NAPA years ago for a boat stern drive trim pump. They fit nicely and worked well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCcchy5E4Y4
I don't like napa . But my local A&G auto parts dose them. Gonna try them and the amish next :fing32:

·
Registered
527 Posts
I recently picked up a John Deere 400 Industrial. Full size backhoe from 1969. Some of the hydraulic hoses are original, some have been replaced. There are a few that are very dried out and cracked, but don't leak at all. You may want to run the machine first then replace the hoses that really need it as the ones in the pictures don't look that bad.
Of course on the other hand you don't want them bursting during a project you are trying to complete either.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Gravely1964
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I recently picked up a John Deere 400 Industrial. Full size backhoe from 1969. Some of the hydraulic hoses are original, some have been replaced. There are a few that are very dried out and cracked, but don't leak at all. You may want to run the machine first then replace the hoses that really need it as the ones in the pictures don't look that bad.
Of course on the other hand you don't want them bursting during a project you are trying to complete either.

Just my 2 cents.
Yeah at the moment I have 2 more the ends are broke off. Another 2 leaking with no pressure. I'll replace those and mount a tractor up and see how it goes. Hoses are kinda important since its how you drive the beast around :fing32:

·
4K Poster and climbing!!!
4,156 Posts
My '61 Ford hoses are exactly as Alex describes. Only one has needed to be replaced so far.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Steve when I bought my loader from Paul he recommended talking to the Amish, said they were pretty cheap but quality.
Do you have a tractor supply near you? They have pre-made hose assemblies in 1 foot increments. I didn't think they were too over priced.
So far the hoses have been my biggest expense at $300 for 15 hoses. The guy cut me a bit of a deal though.

41 - 60 of 160 Posts