My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Gravely1964
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while rolling on the GA interstates I spyed it in the weeds. Went talked to the fella made a deal and bought it :thThumbsU

P1030204.JPG So how to get it in a short bed ford :dunno: Boom off bucket, front out riggers. Hydro lines about an hours worth of work

P1030206.JPG

P1030207.JPG Jumped right in with a bigger back hoe ..... :fing32:

P1030208.JPG

P1030209.JPG well the bad mounting brackets torched off :( needs hoses and who knows what else. Sat for 10 or 15 years out side. Was working the day they parked it. They upgraded to a bota

P1030210.JPG

P1030211.JPG

P1030213.JPG

Notes I didn't take pics of. Pump is there and spins. Seat is bent plus far left control.

Now im gonna :dancingpa

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Very nice. That's a really big bucket! Jason

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Nice score!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
SUHWEEEEET! I can't wait to see you get into this one Steve.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Are those free standing machines, or powered by a tractor?
Very cool!
It's powered by a Model L or C tractor. Here's what it will look like when he gets finished with it.

IMAG0269 John Lcs.jpg

Congrats on finally getting one Steven!

(I bet he has it digging by this weekend)

·
Gravely1964
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

I can't wait to get into it.

Heres some assembled ones. Gravelys where the power unit for terramite's up until they went to simplicity tractors with a loader backhoe combo in the late 70's I reckon.
3k23m13pa5V55W55R6b2nfb961e49e8b911fd.jpg

P1020175.JPG

safe_image.jpg Simplicity tm's. Backhoe is almost the same
00y0y_6fZSjzCywzU_600x450.jpg
Ever since I've been into gravely's I've dreamed of owning one. When your not looking for one I found one. Im still in abit of shock I'd say. But before I took the seat off and put the trifold cover back on. (won't fit in the back seat lol) I was sitting in the seat running it :fing32:

P1030215.JPG

P1030217.JPG Took some more pics after camera charged

P1030218.JPG Pump :fing32:

P1030220.JPG This just seems neat

P1030221.JPG Valves all work freely. But this is an issue I'll have to deal with

P1030223.JPG Heres about the worst cylinder

P1030226.JPG Most of them look like this

·
Gravely1964
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's powered by a Model L or C tractor. Here's what it will look like when he gets finished with it.

View attachment 1514993

Congrats on finally getting one Steven!

(I bet he has it digging by this weekend)
:thanku: Ron :thThumbsU

Maybe this weekend next year :hide:

I'll have to get you to make template of the brackets for on the axle houseing. Mine were torched off by the po years ago :( Welding and hydro lines are in my future. And what tractor to put it on :dunno:

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Congrats Steve. That's a great find.

·
4K Poster and climbing!!!
4,156 Posts

·
Gravely1964
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Gravely1964
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats Steve. That's a great find.
Here's another look at one for sale in CT right now. $5K. Shows you what a deal Steven made,

http://www.mytractorforum.com/24-gravely/919402-wish-i-had-spare-%245k.html

:congrats: Spielerg.

aj
Thanks John an Al :thThumbsU

And when I stopped and asked if it was forsale or not. I figured he'd want alot. I was very surprised when he said well whats its worth to you? Said well I have $400 in my pocket. He said deal. Been in the road for years he said. Sell it to somebody who enjoys it. He could not remember what happened to the tractor it was on :dunno:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Sometimes the planets align, the stars twinkle and Jupiter aligns with the third stage of Aries. Right time and the right place Steve. Great score!

Are the cylinders a stock size or are you going to have to have piston rods made? I'm looking forward to the rebuild.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Yes, but hopefully someone will come up a picture of the L/C type frame to make sure they are the same in that area. Rebuilding that part will be pretty easy.

All of the L/C Terramites I've looked at were built on LI or CI tractors. The whole rigs weights out at 1500 lbs. I bet it would a strain on swifty.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I'm officially jealous :thThumbsU

·
Old Tractor Enthusiest
415 Posts
Congratulations on the find! Another Terramite resurrected from the otherwise eventual rust heap. Best of luck with the restoration.

·
Gravely1964
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, but hopefully someone will come up a picture of the L/C type frame to make sure they are the same in that area. Rebuilding that part will be pretty easy.

All of the L/C Terramites I've looked at were built on LI or CI tractors. The whole rigs weights out at 1500 lbs. I bet it would a strain on swifty.
Yep I knew they were LI/ CI's normally. I'll wait till I get that far. I figure once the trans is bolted to the main body. I can fit and weld the brackets as needed. I'll have to haul it to work and use the stick welder for that size of plate :hide:

Yeah I'd bet the attachment it self weighs 800lbs. Me and another guy were able to spin it in the bed. It sucked but doable.

·
4K Poster and climbing!!!
4,156 Posts
so what did you get it out with? The Yanmar? They had a machine to load it with?

1 - 20 of 160 Posts