My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I was looking at CL for a larger garden tractor , something I could put a small FEL on. I saw this ad for a JD 316 and called the gentleman.
He said that another person was interested in it and call back in about an hour to see if he buys it. I told him I was ok with that and thanked him. \
I had this funny feeling that 316 would be back on CL and would be a higher price. The next few days one did show up for 650 in a different town than the seller i chatted with earlier. I didn't call about the 316 post.
Now the funny thing is I didn't feel like that was the same machine that was first advertised, and still had the feeling that machine would show back up on CL.
I had bought some implements, plow , sod buster and a back blade that day before and said now the 316 will show up and I won't have the money to get it.
So the next day theres the 316 listed , LOL I called the person and had a nice chat with him. He told me about some of the problems he was having with it and I offered to help him out and fix what was wrong If he could hold off selling. I would buy it in the next couple of weeks.
He said he was good with that and he needed it for a month or so to keep the lawn cut and i said I had no problems with you keeping it for a while, I do the repairs and go ahead and use it till the house sells or fall sets in.
He brings the 316 up to where I work and said that he would let me send him a check and that would be fine, he would just pay someone to cut the lawn, we had a little chat and he felt the tractor was meant to be mine from the first person he bought it from .

now go figure how this world works and the kindness of others. Thank you to Robert , you re-heal my faith in people. :thanku:

Attachments

·
Member 800 post club !!
953 Posts
very cool story!

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Lucky guy you are! oops, you better get a Emblem for the front or KATT will be all over you!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha , I have one but the deer is running the other way LOL , never figured that one out.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Very nice story. There really are few decent people left.:)
Enjoy your tractor.:fing32:

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts