1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TECH Exchange Contributor!
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
your discharge chute is made out of cardboard and duct tape :drunkie:

Otherwise nice looking tractor - but look closer

what is this ?

Well it works at least - and it prevented me from getting all the clippings back in my face.

The real story is that I have two Simplicity Legacys - one that I use for mowing and one that I have set up with the FEL. I bought the Agco shown with the 60" deck missing the discharge chute. Usually I am using the 54" deck from the Legacy because it discharges to the right side, but the other day when I just had to mow the lawn before leaving town, the darn belt broke on it. I love the shaft drive on the Legacy, but it sucks that there is still a belt that can break :thSick:

Anyway with just a few hours to go before I had to leave for the airport I dug the other deck out from the back of the shed, put it on and "fabbed" up a discharge chute with cardboard and duct tape.
It is only meant to last until I get my new belt for the 54" deck.

Sorry for the lower picture quality - I took them with my cell phone. I did not have time to blow off the tractor after I mowed due to the rush.

On a more serious note - the belt was only a year old and after I had mowed some thick grass I parked the tractor. After 30 sec or so I could hear a snap sound from the tractor. The belt was intact but was off the pulleys. I put it back on but when I engaged it, it snapped right away. I am thinking that the initial sound was the inner cord snapping. Any ideas on what could have caused that ? These belts are the double sided V-belts and they are pretty pricey as I have not been able to find a suitable match.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I like things like that,they used to be called american ingunuity. Which sounds much better than red neck. Either way I still like it.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,804 Posts
That is exactly the way Red Green would do it.

·
TECH Exchange Contributor!
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like things like that,they used to be called american ingunuity. Which sounds much better than red neck. Either way I still like it.
I could not agree more. :trink39:
I just wanted to get a catchy title - I guess at least the joke is on me as I am the one creating this fine piece of work.
I actually mowed the whole yard without even the duct tape coming loose.

·
22,766 Posts
That is exactly the way Red Green would do it.
Nope. Not enough tape, you can still see the cardboard! :sidelaugh

bob :rauch10:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts