My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I know you guys got all worked up over my $100 Roper the other day. So I guess the only thing to do is get you guys even more worked up with this! What we have here is a barn fresh '68 suburban 12 in all original and complete condition, yes even the steering wheel cap and grille piece! And to sweeten the package even more it came with a complete sickle mower, 3 pt hitch and cultivator! Some of you probably saw this in the FS section. Once I spotted that the seller was in Maine I just had to give it try! I was shocked when I figured out he was only 34 miles from me! So here it is! I will update after I pressure wash it. And the fact that I even got the original manual and steering wheel tag is more gravy on the mashed patatoes! So let the schreeching and hollering begin! Let me know what you guys think! - Brad

Attachments

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,241 Posts
now I thought guys were to donate them good finds to another MTF member...... like me....

·
Slowly turning green...
1,248 Posts
Wow! A FEL and sickle mower. My goodness, what a score! Congratulations. I guess you won't tell the MTF community how much you paid for it, that might cause a riot :p

I too am in the business of rabidly buying up every suburban that comes up for sale at a reasonable price in my area. The subs I have now have cost me $1400 ($900 after selling the tillers that came with them). You're lucky to find one in AB for under $300. Count yourself very lucky, my friend. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Is that a 5 gallon bucket of concrete with a ball hitch attachment on the 3 point? I don't know what the need was, but I truly admire the solution.

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! A FEL and sickle mower. My goodness, what a score! Congratulations. I guess you won't tell the MTF community how much you paid for it, that might cause a riot :p

I too am in the business of rabidly buying up every suburban that comes up for sale at a reasonable price in my area. The subs I have now have cost me $1400 ($900 after selling the tillers that came with them). You're lucky to find one in AB for under $300. Count yourself very lucky, my friend. :)
Thanks LB! Actually I have 3 sickle mowers counting this one. I actually paid $350 for the package. The owner was happy knowing it was going to a serious collector. This tractor is special to me because its my first orange suburban, The orange suburbans are getting so hard to find. And the fact that this one hasn't been attacked by spray cans and is complete makes it that much better. The only thing on this that isn't original that I forgot to mention is the front tires. The original front sawtooth tires were replaced. I was very lucky indeed to get this fine survivor!

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that a 5 gallon bucket of concrete with a ball hitch attachment on the 3 point? I don't know what the need was, but I truly admire the solution.
Yes the pail is mounted the the 3 point. The PO told me that the original owner used it to pull a trailer around his yard. And the tractor can be quite unstable with the sickle mower, so I'd amagine the pail of concrete was put on to keep the tractor on all fours. The hitch was installed so a trailer could be pulled without removing the weight. Really good idea if you ask me, nobody wants to roll over. - Brad

·
7000 posts and climbing!
7,145 Posts
I like the old 68 Suburban 12 tractors. The orange paint really looks neat. Does htis mean you have another 68 Suburban 12 sitting somewhere, or did you already load it into your signature. Are you up to 22 Sears tractors now?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Brad, It was a pleasure to meet you and I am glad you are happy with the new addition. You are a younger guy with a great attitude and that goes a long way when you are buying these.

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the old 68 Suburban 12 tractors. The orange paint really looks neat. Does htis mean you have another 68 Suburban 12 sitting somewhere, or did you already load it into your signature. Are you up to 22 Sears tractors now?
Thanks PTSW. Yes I bought a '68 sub 12 last fall, It was complete but it was painted in an awful red with a paint brush. It just looked bad. Its all sandblasted right now in a million peices. Its all boxed up right now.

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brad, It was a pleasure to meet you and I am glad you are happy with the new addition. You are a younger guy with a great attitude and that goes a long way when you are buying these.
Thanks Dennis! It was great meeting you as well. I'm really happy to own this true survivor. The gas has pretty well turned into syrup in the fuel tank, But after I get a chance to clean it out I should be chopping my field out back down very soon. The oil in the motor looks brand new. Thanks again Dennis! - Brad

·
What did you say ?
582 Posts
Kudos on your fine. No envy here, I have enough to work on as it is.

Still it is interesting can we see some pics of it after you clean it up ? How does it run?

·
Member: Special K Club
1,556 Posts
I hate you, I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you.

·
Member: Special K Club
1,556 Posts
look at it this way eventually hes gonna run out of room which will give us a better chance to get these deals:trink40:
Are you kidding? With his luck he'll find a 100 acre farm with a 3 bedroom ranch & 2 - 80' X 120' barns for storage and he'll get it all for less than $500.00:banghead3

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I have nothing nice to say...........

·
Registered
716 Posts
Are you kidding? With his luck he'll find a 100 acre farm with a 3 bedroom ranch & 2 - 80' X 120' barns for storage and he'll get it all for less than $500.00:banghead3
rofl i was just going to post Boo Hissssss but you nailed it

congrats on the score :congrats:

·
Premium Member
9,878 Posts
Look at the bright side guys. At least it didn't come with an Earthcavator.

Brad, lie to us if you need to, but please tell us there was no Earthcavator...

Mike

·
7000 posts and climbing!
7,145 Posts
Thanks PTSW. Yes I bought a '68 sub 12 last fall, It was complete but it was painted in an awful red with a paint brush. It just looked bad. Its all sandblasted right now in a million peices. Its all boxed up right now.
Okay, then you need to add another 1968 Sears Suburban 12 (Orange) to your signature.

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hate you, I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you,I hate you.
Lol!!!! I was waiting for you to reply Dave!

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
look at it this way eventually hes gonna run out of room which will give us a better chance to get these deals:trink40:
Lol! Storage isn't an issue. My grampa owns a big 4 bay garage a few miles from my place that I keep all my stuff in that I don't use all the time. Sorry stripmine the location is highly classified!!! LOL!!!:D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts