My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Latest update.
got the pump functioning. reinstalled it today... bleed all the lines... fired right up first try.
blew out a lot of soot but seemed to be running ok. But... it is bellowing black smoke. Way more than it should. Throttle response is sluggish and when you idle it down it takes a little bit for it to come down. If you rev it up it starts to knock a little like it is out of time or something.
one other thing that concerns me is if you let it idle for a while the rpms begin to creep up. No way to get it back down except to pull the decompression cable.
somewhat encouraged but still needs some TLC before I trust trying to use it.
unless someone can point me to the potential issues I may have to take it to a tractor shop. I like to be able to repair things myself but not sure what to do for it.

thanks for any input you might have.
Greg

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
It is getting to much fuel or not enough air. Think it is time to load it up and take it in. At least you now know it runs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just for giggles, look at the air filter. Mice make a home in there sometimes or it could just be that plugged up.
I did consider the air filter. I took the cover off and ran it. No change. Still smoked like a freight train.
I did get a copy of the service manual and it shows how it align the little gears on the injector rack. I think the middle one might have moved when I was cleaning it. Going to pull it and see if I put it together wrong. If that isn’t it I am either going to buy a new Pump or have mine rebuilt.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts