My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well tractor stop working for awhile,getting ready to put new rings in and just had cyc head redone,just wanted to know the head bolts sequense inner first
then outter not sure need advice,and should it be done in three sets like 80lb,
then 100lb then 130 lb or all at once ym 1900 23hp 2 wheel

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Hey Ttrap!

You know, every single diagram I've seen on the Yanmar cylinder heads all indicate starting in the center, cross over patterns - and working outwards. And yeah, doing it in three stages is typical allowing enough time in between for your gasket to compress.

Several mechanics 'toss' the old head bolts (in their save pile :)) and replace with new, as it's not uncommon for them to stretch from decades of exposure to heat ranges, and when re-used bottom out too soon.

This does not sound like your first rodeo :D!

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well pistons are in ,and now just waiting for head gasket to get here.
after putting in pisons what a difference in turning the crank bolt.
before doing the rings i could turn the crank bolt with one hand now with new rings it take two hands and alot of muscle to turn bolt
one of the main bearing was spun completly on crank took awhile to get off but stage 1 is done,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its me again 1900 ym 23 hp,I put it back together and started to leak
out of corner of block .so i tore it down agin,head gasket is different
than one that came off. I call hoye only one for that 2 cyc.Well i took some
black atv hi temp gasket maker and put it on all the water ports on the block
then i put it back together torked all head bolts to 130ib,i let it sit over nite
and set the valves at .015 mm bleed the pump to all injs and it fired right up

well now it runs good and puts a smile on my face
if you need help on your tractor ,put it on this site ,but make sure you follow up and tell us what you did and the finish thing, to your tractor so we can help each other,sometimes we never here what you did to fix the problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts