My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting guys,

When I bought my YM187 the ROP was detached and pretty rough looking, buy that I mean it looked bad but wasn't structurally damaged. I'm pretty much finished cleaning it up (waiting for the paint to dry a couple of days). I've started to eyeball how I'm going to bolt it on and something just don't look right. Seems like I should be attaching to more that what I currently have available.

Would be helpful if someone could snap a pic of their set up I might be able to figure out if I'm missing something. I'll also take a couple of pictures of what I've got, and someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Dave

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DSCF0405 Medium Web view.jpg

DSCF0406 Medium Web view.jpg

It appears that the ROP has two bolt holes that would match up to a flange on the back of the tractor and that seems to be the only place I have an attachment point. The ROP also has to little wings (?) further up the device I don't see any attachment points for that.

For those who have something to compare too, does it look like I'm missing anything?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Go to Hoyes part sight and under "search" type in "rops". All rops are not created equal but you might look through there and see something to help you. There are instructions for a bunch of different models.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Good stuff, Winston.

It didn't have the same model but some of the attachment components are similar...saw the little wing thingys are attachment points for seat belts. It gave me a plan on how I need to approach the assembly.

Thanks again.

Mike, wish mine was as good looking as yours.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the correct mounting instructions and parts list by going to the manufacture listed on the ID plate. I tried posting the PDF containing the information but it exceeds the size limits. Anyway, as I suspected, I'm missing some parts...big stuff is a angle bracket and two spacers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts