114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the pedal kinda under the seat the differential lock? :fing20:

Sure could use the traction with the boxblade. :greendr:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok - i can push the pedal down and sometimes it wants to come back up on its own. Am I supposed to ride holding the pedal down? Can it be used in reverse?

Kinda of a hassle to have to hold the pedal down, operate RPMs, operate lift and box scrape.

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Many models I'm familiar with disengage by themselves once you're unstuck or found the necessary traction, which is why you'd use it. Substituting the differential lock for 4WD is a recipe for damage. These machines, all sizes and models, are very hearty and durable tractors but there are some things you shouldn't do. IMO, this is one of them. The other, and a common mistake, is using the PTO gear selector in any of the higher ranges OTHER than first gear while using PTO operated ground engaging equipment (rotary cutters, HD finish mowers and American made HD tillers).

There are instances where Yanmar tractors will break the brake and pinion shaft, with the differential lock engaged and pulling hard in reverse ! Same reports on the newer F and FX models too. I recall a dealer telling me they will break often when they are in reverse, differential lock engaged AND someone assisting the pull (rope, cable or chain) with another vehicle or tractor attached from the rear...

Hate to see you inadvertently damage your new machine

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts