My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Oberpanzerkommando
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everybody!
I'mma let you finish but....

I'm Actor Troy McClure, You might remember me from such films as "Man Vs Nature... The Road To Victory". And "10 Digits, or why God gave us so many extras!" And my all-time favorite as Gen. Buck Turgidson in ""Firecrackers: The Silent Killer".

I've been lurking here for weeks reading, studying everyone's weaknesse.. err.. learning.

It's now Feb. 16, 2015... +16 deg. F and snowing where I am at. I'm stuck inside and a ....NEW Simplicity Prestige 30/52 w/Triple Turbo Collector.... is sitting in my shed waiting for good weather for it's first cut and pictures. After all It was President Lincoln who said that every good post needs daguerreotype's! :wwp:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the group :Welcome1:

·
Oberpanzerkommando
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Cigars all around; it's a Prestige 30/52 PICTURES!!!

After all It was President Lincoln who said that every good post needs daguerreotype's! :wwp:
And it was my Mother; God Rest her Soul, who said better late than never.

Pictures!!.. lots and lots of pictures.

It was last week in Jan. I was so cabin-fevered. I decided to just go LOOK at mowers.. actually about all I could think was just go spend some time at the dealer that sells green.. This year so far.. I have buried my Mother, I have received word, my Buffalo-Soldier son was being sent back to Kuwait and I no longer ply my trade, so it was off to just get out of this house. Probably a bad week to quit drinking.
I had a Huskee 20HP/46" tractor, about 14 years old which I'm positive I could get 5+ more years out of easy and now I get to watch the neighbor Lady across the street use it. I sold it to her for $350 with 3 oil filters, 2 spark plugs and another set of blades. It also had a double bag bagger. It was in great shape.

While I waited for snow to melt and sub-freezing temps to subside, I had ordered maint. items. A Case (12) of B & S oil filters #696854 AKA #4206. (2) Hyd. Oil Filters #1719168. And 5 liters, which I think fills an olympic swimming pool, of oil from Tuff Torq 5-50W Synthetic for an oil change. Oils&Filters.JPG
BTW my Prestige has the K72H rear end. which TT put out a paper says takes J20D Hy-Gard Low Viscosity

View attachment Fluids%20and%20Lubricants.pdf Bad week to quit smoking also.

Now finally the weather broke last week and started to warm up. So I decided to take my nice new white grass bags and prevent my driving around later in the year with something green like ...

Clean Bag.jpg Dirty Grass Bags2.jpg

So I Dyed THEM!!

iDyePoly
iDyePoly.JPG
2 Packs in the pot, 150 Deg. 30 min's. SILVER GREY to go with the Wheels.
then hung outside yesterday to dry and then reassembled.

DyeBath.jpg BagsDrying.JPG

LeftSide.JPG

3DyedBags1.JPG

3DyedBags.JPG

Came out a little dark yes?, but at least they won't look Green

DyedBags.JPG

Yes Sir, this is going to have to be multiple posts for this story. Stay tuned while I write more....
--------------

·
Oberpanzerkommando
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes, Cigars all around; it's a Prestige 30/52 More Pics.

I actually never did make it to that green store and here is the #1 reason why
FootPedal1.jpg

All the Time a dealer was talking to me, I was looking down on these foot pedal shafts and their thickness and knowing that Deer John uses 1/8" stamped metal. Those pedal shafts sold me and I dropped money on a Conquest on Monday. Also what you see in that pic to the right is a Ctek Trickle Charger adaptor that I can plug my charger into. Anyways 2 days later I had a falling out with that dealer and the deal was off and within 2 days I had located a Prestige and it was in my garage that Friday night.

That same day I put this onto my wiring harness, at the Headlights
WireConnect.JPG
So I could do this easily. PS. those hood scoops allow you to take advantage of Ram Air once you're near the speed of sound.
AirScoops.JPG
Which allowed me to paint my muffler High Temp Black. Next owner might appreciate that.
Before and After pics.

MufflerBefore.JPG MufflerAfter.JPG

Ok so here are some other pics.

4 LED HEADLIGHTS very bright, I was impressed. I remember when Led's were a new item at Radio Shack. BRING BACK HEATHKIT!
LED lights.JPG
Push button Start, BUT you have to have a key to still start it and heaven forbid you get that push-button start switch wet while washing from something I have read. I thought I saw a price of 185 on that switch

IgnitionSw1.jpg

The dash, red 1.7 hours when delivered. It's a 2013 so it sat for over a year, now it now reads 2.2 hours.. it accumulates time while the dash is on, not while the engine is running as I have NOT ran it for over 15 min's total since I first saw it..
Dash.JPG
52 inch deck. It took me 4 hours to assemble and install the grass bagger. Cold January Garage. The worse part was removing the deck - over coming belt tension to change out a pulley and reinstall a new one. Bad week to quit cocaine and I'm just too old and I know it.
52Deck.JPG
Turbo.JPG

Rubber bands to hold the tubes to the turbo and also to each other.
RubberBand.JPG
RightSide (2).JPG

Ahhh!!! I find out I'm limited to 12 pictures per post. So I'll wrap it up in the next post.

·
Oberpanzerkommando
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes, Cigars all around; it's a Prestige 30/52 And mo pics

And finally...

Tires.. 23 - 10.2 x 12
Tires.JPG

RUSTY CHROME, on all 4 Shocks.. that orange/yellow tint is RUST and This tractor has sat inside ever since it was built 1.5 years ago.
Rusty Chrome.JPG

This type of oil drain had me baffled at first. It's a real pain to twist that cap, but that's what you have to do. I figured it out, me and some pliers.. YEH!!
OilDrain.JPG

Front,, but you know what .. I prefer the hood of the Legacy but with the newer LEDS.. can't have it all.
Front.JPG

Painted the bolts on the back of the seat.. I saw two zip ties holding down a piece of metal by the bottom of those suspension springs. I think I'll leave them, I can get off the tractor ok now without having to throw out an anchor.
PaintBolts.JPG

Air Filter.. this is a 30 HP Engine
AirFilter.JPG

Again.. another pic of the Ctek trickle charger connector with indicator.
CTekConnector.JPG

Left Side without the bags IN. Looks much better in real life.
LeftSide.JPG

Three things an old man cares about. His car, his Lawn and now his Tractor.
Patio.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, reading and indulging me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yep,

Keep that tractor away from water if you want it to start shortly after you shut it down. The problem persists as a local dealer acknowledged. Also, keep plenty of extra motor oil around for that 30 hp BS "smoker" you got under the hood.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Loved all those pics! Thanks for the write up! :fing32:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Is this a Prestige or Conquest? I thought it was a Prestige, but in one of the posts it says Conquest...I may have read that wrong. Also, the Prestige has 24-12-12 rear tires, those appear to be the size of the older Prestige and current Conquests. Do they make an arm rest kit for that seat?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts