My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1984 Hobie 16 catamaran otherwise known as a Hobie Cat, I call her Yellow Fever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
32,171 Posts
Nice. My first time on a sail boat was a Hobie cat. It was a blast!! I picked up a daysailer becouse I enjoyed it, but the rest of the family has zero interest in sailing so it will parbably go soon.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The colors are '84 Nationals. I absolutely Love this boat, she really is a blast to sail. I have 2 teenage kids and they both have enjoyed sailing with me so, hopefully I have planted a seed and they will both continue to want to sail.

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
The colors are '84 Nationals. I absolutely Love this boat, she really is a blast to sail. I have 2 teenage kids and they both have enjoyed sailing with me so, hopefully I have planted a seed and they will both continue to want to sail.

That's wonderful, nice to share the fun with your children. :)

Thanks for sharing! :fing32:

·
Administrator
12,713 Posts
I've never sailed a Hobie Cat, but I have sailed an Aqua Cat. They are similar, but the AC had only a main sail, no jib. I recall hitting terminal velocity on a Beam Reach and sinking the port side pontoon. I ripped around Mattapoisett Harbor way back when on that boat, was a good time and fun boat. Yours is a real beauty, very nice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts