My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. It's fall again, and with it goes all the work to get everything to bed, or up and running. It seems that every year I forget just how much there is to do, and it's been especially bad this fall because of the crazy weather. Every time I think the last grass cut has been made, it warms again and the grass takes off, so out comes the mower AGAIN! :crybaby: This past weekend I finally got all the gardens put to bed, and MOST of the shrubs trimmed. or cut back as needed, but still have a few completely wild forsythias to take back to the ground. Then there's the leaves that collect and pack into and behind every nook in the shrub beds, not to mention all the things I end up finding that need fixing, or things I just forgot to do last spring. We had a pretty bad storm here a couple weeks ago, and it tore the trees up but good, and while the carnage has been chain sawed up and removed, with the leaves down, I see a lot of branches that need to be trimmed back just for maintennance. WHEW! This weekend, I'll have to clean the gutters, which means I have to pull out the rappelling gear, throw a 100" rope over the house, and rappell down to the edge of roof with a back pack blower to get them all blown out. Then there's the yearly shed cleaning to do (where did all this crap come from??) Who else gets blind sided by these chores every year? Or am I the only odd ball with a short memory?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Who else gets blind sided by these chores every year? Or am I the only odd ball with a short memory?
I never get blind sided, even though I have a short memory. The wife constantly reminds me of all the **** that needs to be done.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I never get blind sided, even though I have a short memory. The wife constantly reminds me of all the **** that needs to be done.
:D My wife is usually the first one into the gardens to get them put down. She doesn't trust me in there because I pull up all the wrong stuff. :dunno:
Which leaves me to the other tasks at hand, and lightens my load quite a bit. This year is a little different with the recent storm, and my wife being half way into her chemotherapy, and banned from going into the garden. Too many things living in the soil, and with her not really having an immune system right now, shes OUT!

·
Registered
953 Posts
My prayers for your wife.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I agree, it seems like there is more to do every fall. You no sooner clean up one area and put things away and find more to do. Add to the clean up jobs all the " I have to do this before snow" jobs that you have thought of over the summer. It seems like I am always pouring concrete or doing roofing work into the last couple of weekends of nice enough weather.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My prayers for your wife.
Thank you, Huffy.
I agree, it seems like there is more to do every fall. You no sooner clean up one area and put things away and find more to do. Add to the clean up jobs all the " I have to do this before snow" jobs that you have thought of over the summer. It seems like I am always pouring concrete or doing roofing work into the last couple of weekends of nice enough weather.
Yeah, that's pretty much my routene!

·
Registered
243 Posts
That freak snow storm sure made a mess! Just finished clearing up the branches and debris yesterday.

The shrub and flower beds the wife did Friday so I have to cart the "stuff" down to the lower field to dump. The pump is out of the waterfall and I started blowing leaves out of some of the beds this morning. Unfortunately, my trees are not bare yet so I a few more times on this one.

Then I need to put the new lawn sweeper together today so I can mulch the leaves and then sweep them up.

Oh, and I forgot - time to get the snowblower up and running and put away the trimmer/ mower.

Yup, always seems there is too much to do and not enough time to do it in!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
**** IT!!! I went out to the upper part of the back yard, which is kind of a non used used area, and found ANOTHER broken tree hanging into the neighbors yard!! I just got done chain sawing it to pieces, now I probably have another 3 good loads of brush to load and haul. It's the storm that just keep giving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts