My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new a bolens 1053. but it has a tr-12 motor on it. It is Hydrostat and has hydrolics. The hydrolics are built into the transmission. It run around when i bought it but it stopped running. i think it needs carb work. The frame is also broken but the guy gave me 2 new tubes. Overall it looks nice but needs some work. i am going to finish my other tractor before working on this one to much. came with a nice plow though and i like hydro and the hydrolics.

Attachments

·
5,523 Posts
Its not a 1053 its a 1225 the 1053 was a stick.
Look like some one put the wrong hood on it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thats what i thought and even though you cant see it because my bad angle the tube is bent in the front. Dont look to great.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Nice find! Hydros are real fun plow tractors.

Jason

·
Registered
704 Posts
Time for a tear-down and restore. The frame should be chestnut brown (very close Rustoleum color), leatherwood brown is also close. Hood and fenders should be white. I'll try to get you some pics of my 1225 today.

As far as the tube replacement goes, you'll have to strip it down anyway to do that. The hydros have a bent tube on one side and a straight pipe on another. I have a piece of schedule 40 on the straight side of my 1225. The blade will beat the crap out of your tubes. Make sure to tighten the bolts often that hold the front end on, it also holds the blade and any front attachments. You also need to make sure that there are 2 pieces of flat metal inserted into each tube to keep the bolts from smashing the tubes.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan on repainting it that green color. I think that it looks good like that. Also think that the other one is not running due to carb issues. I also have 2 replacement tubes that the guy gave me

·
Registered
704 Posts
I plan on repainting it that green color. I think that it looks good like that. Also think that the other one is not running due to carb issues. I also have 2 replacement tubes that the guy gave me
That's cool. Every tractor should appeal to its owner. I had my 1225 painted red where it should have been white for a couple of years. I've since repainted it to original colors. Good luck getting it back together.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will get to it soon enough but it is 3rd on my projects list my 1054 then my simplicity (will only take like 1 day) Then this bolens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts