My Tractor Forum banner

Yardman 998 3 point measurements

2K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  Chewman 
#1 ·
Hi all. I have a MDT 1994 998 yardman and want to put a 3 point hitch on it. Does anyone know the proper measurements ? Ive been for the last seven months trying to find factory but with no success. Think of just making my own for attaching to sear roto spader tiller. I found a website called Extreme motorwork that makes lower draw arms and other accessories for older Cub Cadet models and they even the ferrels for the lift arms but I don't know if it would work. Any help would be appreciated

#2 ·
I don't know that there is such a thing as propper measurements for cat 0 3 point. The Extreme kits look like a lot more than you need. Thinking you just need lower lift arms, lift linkages and top link. If that's the case just find lift arms that look about right. Once installed you can determine the length for top link. On my cat 1 I think the top link has around 12 inches of adjustment.
Just looking around the web I found this place. Lift Arms for Compact Tractor 3 PT Hitches
Not sure if arms are cat 1 or zero but bushings or new pins could fix that. Here's a few pics of my project. Sometimes shorter lift arms would be nice.
Hope this helps.

#3 ·
I don't know that there is such a thing as propper measurements for cat 0 3 point. The Extreme kits look like a lot more than you need. Thinking you just need lower lift arms, lift linkages and top link. If that's the case just find lift arms that look about right. Once installed you can determine the length for top link. On my cat 1 I think the top link has around 12 inches of adjustment.
Just looking around the web I found this place. Lift Arms for Co
Just looking around the web I found this place. Lift Arms for Compact Tractor 3 PT Hitches
Not sure if arms are cat 1 or zero but bushings or new pins could fix that. Here's a few pics of my project. Sometimes shorter lift arms would be nice.
Hope this helps. View attachment 2457350 View attachment 2457351
Wow thats quite a machine you got there and I can tell you put a lot of hard work into that.....NICE.... Yah your right it would problem be easer to fab my own. I believe if I remember right the lower lift arms for my Yardman should be 21.5 inches hole to hole and as far as the width I really don't .....3 inches ?. I already have the top link adjustment. As far as the lift linkage I will have to fab that also. Make my lower arms out of 5/8 flat stock and my lift arms 1/4 inch with all thread welded to that to screw on to my ferrules.
Thank you T.Cruit
mpact Tractor 3 PT Hitches
Hope this helps. View attachment 2457350 View attachment 2457351

#5 ·
That doesn't sound too bad. My tractor pins are about 13.5" apart and on grader blade is 20", post hole digger 27" finish mower is just a bit less. If you can get lift arms 20"apart that's enough for cat 1 narrow. The ball joints give a lot of flexibility. I don't recall cost but wasn't much for pins at Rural King.
Plant

#6 ·
Now just talked to Extreme Motorwork and there lower lifting arms 17 inches hole to hole , thickness is 1/2 inch , width 1.75 inches with a 2 inch off set. also comes with 5/8 link ball ends. I believe the shorter the lower lift bar the higher the lift in compliance with the adjustable lift linkage ?

#7 ·
I like it those sound beefy. Especially if they will sell you just what you need. The only reason I was leaning towards cat 1 or cat 1 narrow is the ease of finding other attachments. I actually don't know much about your machine. Is the lift hydraulic? Whatever you do follow up with pictures because someone else is sitting at home trying to figure out if it can be done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.