My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Kubota Cowboy
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given this cast aluminum horse from my neighbor,so as you can see in the pics, I cleaned it up, repainted it and attached it to a metal pole with the address plate and the bison skull. I'm going to weld horse shoes to the main post next week and secure it at the end of the driveway.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
that's the neatest yard sign i've ever seen! very creative, got any more?:thThumbsU

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
That really looks good.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Very nice Lenny ! I had 2 I salvaged from the scrapper and it was a fight with dad to use it out front. I guess everything is a fight with him. I give up. Really like the paint job and how you used it. I wanted to put mine over the gates with a rought iron saying Running Horse Waters.

·
Kubota Cowboy
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the remarks guy's I am very proud of it I just can't wait to finish it off with a rock garden and old horse shoes going up the main pole.I just wish we could grow cactus up here in canada it would make a great addition to the rock garden.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
How long before someone tries to drive off with it, because it looks sweet! Very Nice!

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Great sign, any idea what the horse was used for originaly? You might be surprised about the cactus growing in cold climates. I'm in Boston and I had to work in a florist shop that froze up. Even the toilet was split in half, all the plants were dead except for the cactus. I also saw some prickly pear growing outside at a customers house when I asked about them she said it has to be a really dry spot with good drainage. Evidently they can handle the cold but not excesive moisture. Again great job on the sign. Ed

·
Kubota Cowboy
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The horse was from a merry go round dated sometime in the 1940's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts