My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do my yard work with walk behind garden tractors. I have a troybuilt rider that I bought mainly to help out the and the neighbor. It sets outside under a tarp. I have thought about selling it, but since I am blessed enough to be working through this mess ,and the government is sending me a check. I am thinking of buying a dump trailer and taking the deck off the troybuilt and using it as a yard mule to move things around the yard
I would prefer a vintage garden tractor but I already have the troybuilt and don't need to move much heavy stuff
Thoughts?

·
Administrator
5,449 Posts
Lawn tractors tend to have weakish transmissions. Not sure about the Troybuilt. Don't overload it and it may last forever. I doubt if you would get much to sell it, so why not.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like I said before I primarily bought it to help out an elderly neighbor. I would not be hauling much heavy stuff . And I agree it isn't worth much $300-$350 around here. I have a hitch for my Grillo 2 wheel tractor I can adapt the trailer to pull with it , with a piece of 1 1/4 pipe and a couple u bolts if the troybuilt dies . I have also thought about advertising it on craigslist or Facebook to trade for an older GT with out a deck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts