My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've read any of my posts I've made mention that I need to find a large lawn tractor or small tractor for performing tasks around my house. Last weekend was my birthday and I had an opportunity to go to Dad's house with my 2yr old daughter, her birthday was last week. And while there I took pictures of all of the equipment that I can choose from (basically for free) the only things that I am about to post that I cannot have are the forklifts and the IH400, the rest is fair game.

What I need.
1. Less then 72" wide (total width)
2. PTO 540, live preferred
3. Hydraulics, either stock or build my own system to work on the tractor, I'm open to suggestions.
4. 3pt Cat 1 (or higher) if it doesn't have it I'll either build or buy it.

The way I see it there 1 and 2 are going to be the deciding factors 3 and for can be buillt with enough time or money.

What do I need this for
1. Rototilling my trees, max width between trees and fence is 84", this is my width restriction, I figure as the trees get big my space will get narrower. I also have a riding arena that normally I drag but if I ever get a rototiller I'll use it there too.
2. Post hole augering. I need to replace on average 6-8 wooden fence posts per year, I have a 3pt post hole auger already
3. Pasture maintenance. Dragging, mowing, spraying.
4. Snow Blowing, I get a lot of snow per year and I've done it with a bucket a couple years but it sucks, time to move up
5. Loader tractor, goes hand in hand with the snow blowing but I also need one for moving round bales, this is optional as I have another tractor, but if any of these are suitable I'd be willing to part with the IH856, it's too big/heavy for what I do.

Later I will post what I know about them, running condition, any known issues.

enough chattering, let the photo show begin.

-ron

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
wow thats a lotta nice tractors. that oliver is probably worth a pretty penny. my vote goes to the allis or ih

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
I would stick with a wide front, more stable with a blower hanging off the rear. I would take a tape measure and see which one can be narrow enough for you, see if it has three point and once ya find those three things take the ole girl home...

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,733 Posts
Really like the CoOp.................someday

1 - 20 of 34 Posts