My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and good day folks! Well where to start. First of all i got a free gt1855 yard boss in used rough condition. I have been trying to figure out year of tractor. Model and serial number are basicly destroyed. I will attach pics. Secondly i thought i would get basic year from engine. Well the tin that has numbers is gone. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanxs!!

Attachments

· Registered
128 Posts

· Registered
1,564 Posts
I've the same issue on my Yard Boss GT-1650. No numbers anywhere on the tractor, but there are numbers on the engine, so I can at least get close. I hope you find something.

· Registered
1,564 Posts
I'm no expert, especially on tractor serial numbers, but I do know that Briggs numbers tell you a lot. Things like displacement, type of starter, date of manufacture, lubrication system type, and orientation of the crankshaft. I know this because I found the number on the engine in my White and looked it up on the Briggs site, finding out it was built in 1975.

· Registered
1,564 Posts
THere was a thread on here recently about swapping the rear hubs out for Wheelhorse hubs so they could go to a 5 lug 12 inch wheel and get more options on tires that way. My Yard Boss has those 15" tires too, but I'm not far enough along to be worried about tires yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.