My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated above, i have a 2018 yanmar yt235c, that is with a cab. My blower motor pooped out and only works on high speed, not low, slow or medium whether using heat or a/c. I just changed out the control panel with the switch selectors etc. Anyone ever mess with this issue? My next guess is the blower motor or perhaps relay if there is one. Any inputs would be very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
I don't know about your tractor's electrical system, but GM trucks use a resistor pack to control the fan speed, generally mounted near the fan, and in the a/c airstream (so it gets cooled a bit, as the resistors heat up). It is not uncommon for one or more of the resistors to fail over time.

Maybe your tractor has something similar?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Than
I don't know about your tractor's electrical system, but GM trucks use a resistor pack to control the fan speed, generally mounted near the fan, and in the a/c airstream (so it gets cooled a bit, as the resistors heat up). It is not uncommon for one or more of the resistors to fail over time.

Maybe your tractor has something similar?
Thank you for your reply. After speaking with a dealer guy who went to yanmars school, this is exactly what they said and mailed me the little control box supposedly with the resistor packs in it. It lives in the cab and is not in the airstream from the fan though. In any case, I replaced the old with new and whaala, it did not fix the problem unfortunately. I have to wonder if the squirrel cage blower has more mouse stuff in it and only high speed can overcome the added load of garbage in there or the little buggers chewed through wire. Freaking dealer knew about the issue and said/did nothing. Everything associated with this scister dealer has been a royal pia. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
Well, in general, it's cheaper to diagnose what the problem is instead of throwing parts at it. I would suggest testing where power is getting to, and going from there.

Again, I don't know the electrical setup for your tractor, but for my GM truck, it has separate fuses and wiring most of the way between the a/c panel and the fan, one path for "high" which doesn't go to the resistor pack, and it's own fuse, and a second path for all the lower speeds, which does go through the resistor pack and a separate fuse. And it is also not uncommon for the connectors to fail as GM used ones that were just barely good enough to handle the current going through them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts