My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ever used one of these for other than mowing?? With less than 50 hrs. I'd like to use it or I may as well sell it. I had to scouer and dig to find a replacement injector pump for it. I had to buy a whole 2nd tractor but now I have a perfectly good spare motor and rear. I have a deck for it. The deck must have been made by Case/Ingersoll. It is identical down to the decals except for it has a Yanmar serial#decal where the Case decal goes. This thing pulls like mad for a 12.5 horse. It does have have some dings and dents from sitting in a dealers whse. for 20 years. And I know the seat is out of place. I am planning on getting a suitable replacement if I keep it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
That's a sweet looking tractor and I moved your thread to get higher visibility and I hope that you do not mind. Since this was posted in the gray market area and it actually is not a gray. I went ahead and put it in the Yanmar forum. Since you now have the Yanmar running In my opinion I would hold on to it and you got lots of spare parts.

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
That's a sweet looking tractor and I moved your thread to get higher visibility and I hope that you do not mind. Since this was posted in the gray market area and it actually is not a gray. I went ahead and put it in the Yanmar forum. Since you now have the Yanmar running In my opinion I would hold on to it and you got lots of spare parts.
:ditto:

Alphahunter1,

You are the very first person I know of (after 6 years) that has actually succeeded in finding, repairing and using the model YM122 that was previously inoperable (and making it run). Countless owners that have stumbled onto the YM122 have given up ever finding and repairing the VERY rare model.

You are in a very unique situation where you have a running machine and can give detailed information that most expert dealers cant provide. (i.e.) The single cylinder, engine layout in relation to the radiator is extremely different from it's sister models (including gray market) and there are none that I'm aware of for comparison. Is your model cooled by thermal-siphon or does it have a water pump?

Congratulations for having the tenacity to stick with it and make your Yanmar a useful machine.

Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. and thanks for the move I should have been paying more attention. It is kind of cool and I do enjoy it. It must have the Thermo-siphon cooling as it has no water pump. The rad. is a block shape, mounting over about a 6 x8 opening, and the hot coolant must rise into it. The fan set-up is also unique as it is belt driven and is also the altenator. I am glad I had gotten the parts unit because there were alot of little parts missing from mine plus a mowing deck. The mowing deck is also curious. It must have been made by Case/Ingersoll. It is excatly the same as a lefty Case, same housing,mounting, and decals except for where the Serial ID tag is this one reads Yanmar instead of Case. It also has a three speed rear, with high and low. (6 forward 2 rear) and locking diff. Here it is with my 4020

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has any one ever used one of these for other than mowing?? With less than 50 hrs. I'd like to use it or I may as well sell it. I had to scouer and dig to find a replacement injector pump for it. I had to buy a whole 2nd tractor but now I have a perfectly good spare motor and rear. I have a deck for it. The deck must have been made by Case/Ingersoll. It is identical down to the decals except for it has a Yanmar serial#decal where the Case decal goes. This thing pulls like mad for a 12.5 horse. It does have have some dings and dents from sitting in a dealers whse. for 20 years. And I know the seat is out of place. I am planning on getting a suitable replacement if I keep it.
Congrats on the YM122. Mine has about 500 hours on it. It is a labor of love keeping it in parts but it runs good and pulls like a bear! I have the 48 in deck too and yes, it is rebaged from Case and I have a 48in snowblower attachment. always looking for other attachments or spare parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts