My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATTN: Grey Mrkt Owners!

We are a small group but steadily growing and I’d like to thank the people that are so willing to share their stories, facts, contacts and “How To’s” concerning their grey market tractors. We are barely known in the big world of tractors (both foreign and domestic) but we know something that many don’t, and that’s the quality, durability, dependability…and truly how inexpensive (compared to what’s available) these tractors are to own and operate.

What I would like to do is feature a tractor occasionally (maybe once a month?). Show a few pictures, provide details and general specifications about that particular model, ask a few questions about the owner and how he uses and maintains the machine (and with what implements) around his/her spread. I (WE) will not be particular about how it looks!

I stumbled across this tractor that is currently at a dealer in OH. The owner of LMTC (Little Miami Trading Co.) is a member here and often jumps in our forum threads to share his wisdom and help with suggestions and advise with Yanmar tractors. This tractor (in the attachments) I found to be striking. It’s an F20D. I don’t know how many of these tractors are repainted at his facility…but this one sure shows a professionals touch. Here are some of the general specifications (I gleaned from his web-site):

● 4 wheel drive
● 24 HP 3 Cylinder Yanmar® diesel engine
● Reliable & Durable standard gear shift transmission
● 3 ranges, 3 transmission speeds, for a total of 9 forward & 3 reverse
● Standard PTO
● Hand & Foot Throttle
● Locking Rear Differential for additional traction
● Category One 3 Point Hitch
● Live Hydraulic system
● 113" Length x 49" Width ● 2416 Pounds (app. 2560# w/UTDA package)

Check out this beauty!!

Mark

Attachments

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Re: ATTN: Grey Mrkt Owners :)!

You got my engine!LOL I owned a grey market Kubota "Zen-noh" before I bought my John Deere. Getting parts was not very hard. Sold that tractor about 3 years ago, and it was well over 20 years old, and still running great.

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: ATTN: Grey Mrkt Owners :)!

You got my engine!LOL I owned a grey market Kubota "Zen-noh" before I bought my John Deere. Getting parts was not very hard. Sold that tractor about 3 years ago, and it was well over 20 years old, and still running great.
Just had a L2201 here a few months ago. The customer wanted it to look and run like new. I got everything from a gray market supplier...including the exhaust manifold, hood decals, assorted lamp assemblies, clutch, PP and T/O bearing. I thought I was in trouble but, fortunately, this model is nearly identical to the domestic L245 :cool: !

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re: Yanmar Of The Month - F20d

Yanmar of the Month (Part Two) YM1610D!

Aaron from Hoye Tractor Parts (http://www.hoyetractor.com/) has graciously offered a brief description and pictures of a resurrected Yanmar parts tractor saved from the premature death of recycling. Beautiful job and I especially like their new American Made wheels that drop the overall height and center of gravity - SWEET!

In his own words:

"Dad's Yanmar YM1610D

My dad was looking for a new project and decided to fix up an ugly YM1610D that we bought to part out. It had a rough life and was in pretty bad shape. This simple overhaul turned into a major project. He ended up having the block sleeved (the 1610 is one of the few Yanmars that does not normally have sleeves), crank turned, and did a full engine overhaul.

While the engine was at the machine shop he completely stripped the body from the frame and repainted it. It looked so good that we decided to put one of the new OSHA foldable ROPS and the matching sun shade on it. He then installed our new turf tire & wheel package (expected to be out in early fall). We think his old tractor turned out pretty good."

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts