My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Computer Geek Farmer
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a dealer in used or gray-market Yanmars in or around Arkansas?

·
Computer Geek Farmer
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure where you are in Arkansas, but I think there is one in Pine Bluf, Chronister Tractor Co.
Thanks. Found their contact info but the website and phone number seem to be defunct.

Anyone know of any others?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would not challenge their reputation, but they are not UTDA, nor, at least last I checked, was their warranty as good as ours and that of some other dealers (we give 6 months parts/labor on the powertrain, their website references 30 days). They were carrying some ROPS equipped units on their lot listed as UTDA, but their price on those units was actually higher than our price on identical models, or in a couple cases where we are the same or $100 higher, our unit has four new tires. Go figure. Too many markups I guess.
Their 1610D, from a UTDA dealer, + canopy...$6650
Our 1610D, UTDA certified and we ARE a UTDA dealer---$5695. I guarantee I'll get a canopy on it for way less than $955.
Remember too, that the service agreement in the UTDA membership agreement only applies if the tractor was bought FROM a UTDA dealer, not to just any tractor with a UTDA certification decal on it.

·
Computer Geek Farmer
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.

Even the one in Tullahoma, TN is 8 hours from here. Much too far for a shopping trip. I was hoping to find someplace I could just sit on one of these and get more of a feel for it.

Odd thing is there used to be a seller just up the road with a whole lot full of dozens of Yanmars. (All painted Ford blue and looking like the painting was done with a fire hose). Probably wouldn't want one of those, but wish they were still there so I could go poke around.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Which is exactly why you need to buy from us. I don't believe anyone does a better job of fitting the customer to the tractor (and I mean physically as well as for usage/needs....we always ask personal questions of shoppers who buy without coming here so we can make sure they will be comfortable on a unit), and we put shoppers in touch with previous customers with the models we think best for the customer so you can communicate with them about pros/cons and what, if anything, they would do different.

·
Computer Geek Farmer
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which is exactly why you need to buy from us. I don't believe anyone does a better job of fitting the customer to the tractor (and I mean physically as well as for usage/needs....we always ask personal questions of shoppers who buy without coming here so we can make sure they will be comfortable on a unit),
Sounds good to me. But you're a full 12 hours from here so not sure when I can free up 2-3 days to make such a trip.

·
Registered
271 Posts
You're welcome to visit, but my point really was this.....we do sales to customers who never set foot on our lot better than anyone in this business IMO....and we are happy to provide the references to back that up. Granted, not everyone can make themselves comfortable buying that way, but many do, and usually say it was contact with our previous customers that sealed the deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts