My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a ym 2310D with a front-end loader and would like to hook-up a hydraulic wood splitter. Problem is, is that I am not sure if I can do this through the hydraulic diverter block or if I can only do this by splicing into a pressure line. The log splitter has it's own control valve. The owner's manual I have is for a ym 276D, the breakdown in this book is some what different than what I actually have on my tractor. I have tried hooking the return line directly to my tranny tank, with the pressure line connected to the outlet port on the block. With no result. I'm guessing it can't be configured this way, but what does a city-boy new to country life know? Any help with this problem would be appreciated...Thanks

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Hello Insid and Welcome to MTF,

I believe your model YM2310 has ports that allow a retro-fit for rear remote hydraulic connectors. Cutting and tapping into the pressure side may not be necessary.

If you have the parts manual for your tractor it will include diagrams of the divider block indicating hex plugs near the location of the high pressure factory attachment point. Several models have an embossed "I" and "O" in the cast near these plugs, and once removed you will need adapters for. The fittings will cross over from Asian JIS pipe to British BSP parallel pipe to make the proper connection. Once these are installed you can convert to any size U.S. domestic pipe or SAE thread.

I have NOT done this myself but recall a person who did...and I'm using his picture to indicate that it's been done :).

Here is the conversion for a YM2310 in this attachment using the factory manifold:

Mark

Attachments

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Insid,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Insid and Welcome to MTF,

I believe your model YM2310 has ports that allow a retro-fit for rear remote hydraulic connectors. Cutting and tapping into the pressure side may not be necessary.

If you have the parts manual for your tractor it will include diagrams of the divider block indicating hex plugs near the location of the high pressure factory attachment point. Several models have an embossed "I" and "O" in the cast near these plugs, and once removed you will need adapters for. The fittings will cross over from Asian JIS pipe to British BSP parallel pipe to make the proper connection. Once these are installed you can convert to any size U.S. domestic pipe or SAE thread.

I have NOT done this myself but recall a person who did...and I'm using his picture to indicate that it's been done :).

Here is the conversion for a YM2310 in this attachment using the factory manifold:

Mark
Good morning and thank you for welcoming me to MTF. Mark777 you are correct, the pics show my block exactly. I haven't tried connecting using both ports yet, as I stated my manual it a bit different. So with only the input and output from the log splitter I should be able to connect like the pics? I'm gonna give it a shot. I have gotten further in one day here than two weeks searching the net. Thanks so much!!

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Well Great Insid!

After pouring over what little information I have, I discovered that you will need to install a plug threaded into the back of the inlet port which blocks hydraulic passage between your "IN" and "OUT" ports...This procedure is in the YM276(D) manual.

Other than that, I think you're good to go :D!

Mark

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
:MTF_wel2: :MTF_wel: Insid!

Since Mark777 has already found you, you're in good hands.:goodl:

Once you get a chance, bounce over to the Introductions forum and let us know who you are!

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts