My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I found a Yanmar 1500 w/ bulldog loader 2wd reconditioned for $3500 and had the roll bar. This sounds like a good deal, what do yall think?

I think I can still can get alot done with that loader even know it 2wd. Any input on a 2wd with loader?

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Hello Holiday!

2WD with a loader is still better than no loader at all. In most instances if you get stuck, you can drop the loaded bucket and "Crab" your way out. If you've never had 4WD on a tractor you wont miss this feature...If you have then you'll be somewhat dissapointed.

Two red flags immediately come to mind....Recondtioned and Bulldog indicate this is an imported machine from Vietnam and NOT Japan. I urge you to do your homework and search carefully before you part with your hard earned money.

Mark

·
Registered
271 Posts
Rollbar? Is it an OSHA approved ROPS? Ask to see the certification. If not, it may be more dangerous than not having one. See THIS.

Ask the seller where you will get loader parts (and for a manual, etc.) We get calls for loader parts for bulldog and v-tech, both used on the vn recons, and we have no idea where to get the parts. Apparently the sellers of them do not either.

The front axle on the 2wd is significantly lighter then on the 4wd....bear that in mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts