Good deal glad you got it going

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Yes and given the complaints (I'm sure others have the same, just aren't here) it's doubly rediculous.
I agree, these switches shouldn't be failing so quick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the info. Mine has been intermittently malfunctioning but only when trying to raise the deck. I packed the connectors with dielectric grease. I'll try taking it apart to investigate further.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Thanks for the info. Mine has been intermittently malfunctioning but only when trying to raise the deck. I packed the connectors with dielectric grease. I'll try taking it apart to investigate further.
Take it apart and clean it and stretch that spring about 2 or 3mm and you'll be good to go. Refer to my pics about to see the switch guts.

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
Not really a problem but something I had forgotten about. I've been using the 3240 all day and it has a hydro pedal shock which smooths the forward and reverse pedal action.

Jumped on the XT3 to pull my dump trailer and hit the go pedal quickly---dang thing nearly ripped my head off. Eased into the pedal slowly after that lol. No pedal shock is harsh to say the least.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Not really a problem but something I had forgotten about. I've been using the 3240 all day and it has a hydro pedal shock which smooths the forward and reverse pedal action.

Jumped on the XT3 to pull my dump trailer and hit the go pedal quickly---dang thing nearly ripped my head off. Eased into the pedal slowly after that lol. No pedal shock is harsh to say the least.
I has my XT3GSX in the garden doing burn outs with the diff locked! Had alot of fun peeling out. LOL rev the throttle up wide open and punch the go pedal. LOL

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
I has my XT3GSX in the garden doing burn outs with the diff locked! Had alot of fun peeling out. LOL rev the throttle up wide open and punch the go pedal. LOL
That thing will throw a rooster tail of gravel in the driveway fo sho'!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
That's why I did a bunch of burn outs in the garden before I changed the Hydo oil. Had to warm up the Hydro oil some how. LOL my Weiner dog was riding with me and I think he was freaking out. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
The CC switch probably costs them all of $3. $42 is a gigging. Same as they do with 1 plastic bushing for $5 that costs $3 for 5 if you search out the size.
Ran into the same thing today with another piece of OPE. The on/off switch died and called the manufacturer. They wanted $33 to ship to my door for that single switch and would take two weeks to get here. Found a nearly identical switch on Amazon for 5 switches for $6 and will be here Tuesday. Gee, which one should I do?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Another place to find quality switches at low cost is DigiKey and they carry a lot of stock.
CW Industries GRB260G101BBNN $4.69

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Why don't you all try to repair the switch yourself? I've posted pics and showed what you need to do to fix the switch.

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
Why don't you all try to repair the switch yourself? I've posted pics and showed what you need to do to fix the switch.
If mine acts up I'll be stretching that spring till it'll stretch no more. Nothing quite like a free fix.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
And if you want to try another spring ACE hardware has more springs than you can shack a stick at. A 5 minute repair, I guess that's to easy. LOL

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ace may be bad advice. ? That switch spring, according to the posted pictures, is not one I'd expect to see at a local hardware store.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
The spring in my pics had dielectric grease on it to hold it in that small plunger so it doesn't fall out during reassembley. My True Value Ace hardware has the spring. Yours may not.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Why don't I try to fix the switch itself? Good question! The reasons I don't is that I know my limitations on working on stuff. Sure, 40 years ago, I worked on many intricate tiny electronic & mechanical assemblies, the hands were steady and had the proper tools. That is not the case today.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Now that is something I can understand Flaken.
The older I get the less I want to fix things myself, but I keep fixing them anyway because of the savings $$$$ of doing it myself. What I have done is stop fixing other people's stuff.
I understand where your coming from though.

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
Now that is something I can understand Flaken.
The older I get the less I want to fix things myself, but I keep fixing them anyway because of the savings $$$$ of doing it myself. What I have done is stop fixing other people's stuff.
I understand where your coming from though.
I went thru a phase where I didn't want to fix anything. I think it was my post-mechanic phase of burnout in doing it for 20 years. Now I'm back to working on my own stuff again and servicing my own vehicles. #Shrug#

101 - 120 of 162 Posts