My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you're thinking about a gravel yard I know a little place I Arizona I can get you. It'll be a real steal.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I'd rather have more gravel on my driveway.
Tax time using my return to pay off my yellow machine!!! Keep us post on the switch you get.
My switch adjustment to the spring is still working good after 4 separate uses of my Cub.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
I'd rather have more gravel on my driveway.
Tax time using my return to pay off my yellow machine!!! Keep us post on the switch you get.
My switch adjustment to the spring is still working good after 4 separate uses of my Cub.
Hows your power steering working? Fixed?
Switch is First Power 2LND8.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
And it's red (ugh).
Weird that they show a pic of it with the switch depressed. 1 review on it and it's a bad one.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
No you don't have to drill out the rivet to get to the guts on the inside of the switch. There is a clip on each side of the switch holding it together. Look close at the body of the switch. Do you see the plastic clip on each side of the switch body holding the 2 pieces of the switch together. That rivet only holds the flip rocker button to the top side of the switch. Unclip the switch body and there is a seal, set of contacts, plunger with a spring. Be careful not to loose that little spring. The switch body is very easy to take apart to clean the switch internals.
Man I'm glad you posted this. My drill press quit working, switch felt weak when I flipped it. I took it apart and stretched the spring. Put it back together and it works like a charm.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Man I'm glad you posted this. My drill press quit working, switch felt weak when I flipped it. I took it apart and stretched the spring. Put it back together and it works like a charm.
Yes Sir my switch is still working like a champ. I used my Cub again yesterday for a while and my switch is like new with a slightly stretching of the spring. Like getting a free switch and 5 minutes of my time to stretch that spring a tad.
Easy enough for me.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Yes Sir my switch is still working like a champ. I used my Cub again yesterday for a while and my switch is like new with a slightly stretching of the spring. Like getting a free switch and 5 minutes of my time to stretch that spring a tad.
Easy enough for me.
Don, how's your power steering working? Still giving you problems?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
No Sir it just acted up those couple times and hasn't done it again since.
My power steering is so easy to turn you can flip the steering wheel with 1 finger and it will turn the tires almost completely to the wheel stop. It is really way to easy to turn. I guess better way to easy to turn is better than not. A little resistance in the steering would be better, but it hasn't given me any more issues. 3 more years of warranty to go so by then I should be close to 700 to 800 hrs of use on my Cub. Well see how it does with time.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
No Sir it just acted up those couple times and hasn't done it again since.
My power steering is so easy to turn you can flip the steering wheel with 1 finger and it will turn the tires almost completely to the wheel stop. It is really way to easy to turn. I guess better way to easy to turn is better than not. A little resistance in the steering would be better, but it hasn't given me any more issues. 3 more years of warranty to go so by then I should be close to 700 to 800 hrs of use on my Cub. Well see how it does with time.
Thanks for the reply. My GSE's power steering has a little resistance. Kinda feels like a power assist sports car and is perfect.
My 3240 hydraulic steering reminds me of my 72 Olds Cutlass steering.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Thanks for the reply. My GSE's power steering has a little resistance. Kinda feels like a power assist sports car and is perfect.
My 3240 hydraulic steering reminds me of my 72 Olds Cutlass steering.
My steering used to feel like yours does then one day about 4 or 5 months ago it went to what it is now. Way to easy to steer. I don't know what changed but it's like it shifted into over drive and the power steering is now excessively to easy to steer. Wished it would go back to the way it was with a little resistance.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
My steering used to feel like yours does then one day about 4 or 5 months ago it went to what it is now. Way to easy to steer. I don't know what changed but it's like it shifted into over drive and the power steering is now excessively to easy to steer. Wished it would go back to the way it was with a little resistance.
That's strange. I know we've talked about adjusting the pivot bar/front axle tension before. Have you checked it lately?
Red switch, the action feels nice and crisp.
DOOD, get that thing out there and see if it'll plug in. Suspense is killing me. 🤯

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Pivot joint???
Jack up the front end to where the axle can swing freely. Tighten the center bolt to where the swinging stops and then back it off until it moves w/o binding but also w/o any slack.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Jack up the front end to where the axle can swing freely. Tighten the center bolt to where the swinging stops and then back it off until it moves w/o binding but also w/o any slack.
Oh ok yes I've done that and checked that again about a month ago. All good there.

61 - 80 of 125 Posts