My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a electric deck lift switch issue. The deck continually engages on it's own. I've taken the switch apart a couple time and cleaned it but still starts doing it again. I'm not using the mower deck right now so I have it unplug.
Now yesterday I drove to the front gate to take the trash out and the electric steering was trying to lock up and not let me turn. It straightened itself up and acted right after a few seconds and then when I got back to the house it did it again and I could barely turn. That quit and started acting right again. After all this rain let's up I'm going to look for a loose connection to the electric steering. My dealer is over 2 hrs away or it would be there for them to fix it.
Guess I'll be ordering a new switch for the deck lift.
Let me know if you all have had any issues with you XT3.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Based on your discription I'd look for a loose ground.
And yes I have had problems with that lift switch on our XT3 GSX. Wretched switch, the lift works, then doesn't, then works, etc, etc. The fix is always to reseat the switch. Had the mower in to the dealer on warranty and of course they couldn't find the problem.
New switch is about $36. &$#@.

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Don if it's still under warranty I'd bite the bullet and haul it to the dealer.

No reason to be out $$ on something they can fix at no cost to you.

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Tried that, no joy.
Depends on the dealer and tech working on it. Sadly not many are mechanics anymore. If it isn't on youtube they don't know what to do.

Saw the same thing working in shops myself. Mechanic couldn't even find a frayed wire after multiple visits to the shop with a very irate customer. Took me all of 5mins of wire tracking.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Woohoo, so far no issues on my XT3 GS deck lift or steering; oh wait, they're both manual....
sorry folks, just had to do it.......?
I really do hope you find the issue without not much trouble or bucks though.(y)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealer is to far away to take it there unless it is a really expensive part. I'll fix it myself.
Just ****** me off with only having 192 hrs on it.
Oh well live and learn

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
My dealer is to far away to take it there unless it is a really expensive part. I'll fix it myself.
Just ** me off with only having 192 hrs on it.
Oh well live and learn
Yeah hauling one a ways is no fun. I get it. I'd check the connectors, put some dielectric grease in them.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah hauling one a ways is no fun. I get it. I'd check the connectors, put some dielectric grease in them.
Yep that is my thinking. I have a big tube of dielectric grease. As soon as the ran is done I'll be applying it to all the connections I can find. It's just disappointing to have issues so soon in the yellow game.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My GSX is only a few months old, so I've not had any issues with mulching leaves or plowing a little snow with the JB. You guys are scariing the heck out of me through...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh I wouldn't be scared for any reason. Stuff happens to all machinery. I almost mow year around here and I mow about 7 acres once a week. I have a 60" fab deck my mowing season starts in February sometime and doesn't stop till November sometime. So you see I keep my motor hot.

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Yep that is my thinking. I have a big tube of dielectric grease. As soon as the ran is done I'll be applying it to all the connections I can find. It's just disappointing to have issues so soon in the yellow game.
I almost feel like some of your issues are due to sitting outside and all the rain you get. Probably would be a good idea to pack all electrical connectors with DE grease.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL good idea
If it can't sit outside it isn't worth having. I also don't remember reading anywhere in the manual that says it can't sit outside. Oh wait I haven't read the whole manual. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
LOL good idea
If it can't sit outside it isn't worth having. I also don't remember reading anywhere in the manual that says it can't sit outside. Oh wait I haven't read the whole manual. LOL
What's a manual?

Reactions: WrongDoug

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
? I hear that.......I think it's a built in prerequisite book thingy which only women have that makes them act the way they do!
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I take it I'm the only one that has had a issue with there XT3. Hard to believe that. Even Randy and I have had to replace the spark plugs which were causing a surge.

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
So I take it I'm the only one that has had a issue with there XT3. Hard to believe that. Even Randy and I have had to replace the spark plugs which were causing a surge.
Someone else on here had problems with the deck lift switch and I think Sergeant had to have his PTO clutch replaced under warranty with <10hrs.

I kept having surging issues until I switched to non-ethanol gas then that cleared up.

Reactions: WrongDoug
1 - 20 of 150 Posts