My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts
4,654 Posts
It Just a Cub Cadet XT1 series In Craftsman Paint & who Know How Much Longer Sears will actually be around anyways. They are letting People at the corporate HQ Go By the Bushel right now. The Parking lots there are starting to Look deserted. I Live about 10 miles from Sears HQ. They May or may not Last Until your warranty would be done My friends In the IT department are wondering when they'll be cut. But right now there contractors again and not sears employees anymore :thThumbsU
Hey, if they go bankrupt maybe everything must go at 50% off. They are having a sale now 25% off.:tango_face_surprise

·
Super Moderator
17,034 Posts
Hey, if they go bankrupt maybe everything must go at 50% off. They are having a sale now 25% off.:tango_face_surprise
I hope they stick around In some form But at Least the Craftsman Name should Outlive Sears since Stanley owns the Craftsman Label Now :thThumbsU

·
Registered
125 Posts
Got an XT2 GX54 with fab deck last summer. A lot of tractor for the money. Cuts better than any other mower I've had. I think you will be pleased if you purchase it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Eyeballing this unit at my local CC dealership, but not finding much in the way of reviews or opinions on the CC XT2 GX54D on the forum or online in general (aside from a handful of reviews from vender sites). I'm new to the site so maybe I'm just missing it. Anyone own and/or have experience with this mower and could give an opinion on it?

For what it's worth I'll be mowing around 2 acres of primarily grass, relatively flat (but pretty bumpy in spots and often wet) ground. Aside from mowing I'll be doing some light towing with a cart. No intention of plowing or doing anything truly "ground engaging" (although this unit is marketed as being capable of this). I may eventually use the mower to pull a tow behind DR brush mower (or something similar) to maintain walking paths through the fields and woods on the family property that backs up to our home. Would this mower suit my needs? The dealer says it'll work just fine (of course) and from what I've learned from reading comments in this forum I believe the mower has the specs to handle my needs adequately, however as a riding mower newbie I figured I'd ask you guys what you think.

Thanks in advance for any opinions or comments :)

Don
It should be fine for what you're doing. How long? That's the question. I don't think any of these new Cub's will be running on many original parts in 50 years like a 65 Cub 100.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It certainly plowed through that stuff pretty well. Looks like he's running a 42" xt2, lower end specs then the gx54d too, encouraging.

Thanks for all the replies fellas. Went to the dealer yesterday, will sell me the Gx54d for $3500 with $100 off the cub steel dump cart I was looking at. The XT3 GS (lower end xt3 without power steering or DLock) was starting at $4300 with another $900+ for a mower deck...it's a beefier machine no doubt about that but it's also out of my price range unless I want a divorce. Even the GX is at the top of the budget for me but I think I'm going to pull this trigger this weekend. Like any machine if you take care of it and don't abuse it with jobs it wasn't meant to handle it should last a long time, right?

Still plenty of snow on the ground here in Western NY, whenever I end up getting a mower delivered I'll be sure to post some pictures, I understand pictures are encouraged on this board...

Don
Are you paying cash? I bought an XT3 GS with a 50" deck all in for $4600. I was prepared to write a check until I saw the 0% financing the Cub dealer was offering. I'm paying something like 90 dollars a month for 48 months. I left the $4600 in the Credit Union to accumulate interest. Just a thought, everybody's finances and situations are different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I did pull the trigger on this unit. $1500 down, 0%, paying $72/month for mower and cart. Going to be delivered probably next weekend, too wet here to do much of anything so they'll hold it for me until I need it! Will be sure to post pics once I have it! I appreciate the comments from everybody!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well it's here! My kids have named it "BumbleBee" because it resembles the Transformer character haha. Of course we got a couple inches of snow about an hour after it arrived so I haven't done much besides play with the controls and drive a few laps around the driveway with the kids. Will see if the CubConnect app actually works, seemed to set up just fine for me but the reviews are terrible. The dump trailer feels sturdy, attaches quickly, dump control is easy and the tailgate slides up and down easily, will see how it handles some rocks and wood later this summer.

I appreciate all the comments on the thread, very helpful. I'll post updates later this year with what I like/don't like or if any issues occur.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Just bought one today with the deck,blower,snow cab,tire chains, suitcase weights and going to add the cart in the morning for final delivery. I will let you know my thoughts after I get it :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi everyone!

I just joined the forum moments ago. In two weeks I am having a 2020 model of the XT2 GSX 54 D delivered to our new house. This is my first mower and our first house.

A couple of weeks ago when I first started looking at cubbies, I saw the 2021 XT2 model and almost puked. Black wheels, wth? Tht's not a Cub Cadet! I called my local dealer and the sales lady said she was just waiting for someone to call and say how much they hated the black wheels. By a stroke of luck she had one XT2 GSX 54 D on her showroom floor, a left over from last year.

So I see most of these opinions and reviewing on this thread are now coming up on 3 years. What does everyone still think about there XT2 mowers? I grew up using my dads 1969 Cub Cadet 147 and it was an absolute beast. It's 2021 and he's still running it with the original motor and trans. ****, almost everything is still original.

My property is a little over 2 acres with some hills. With proper care, what can I expect to get out of this $3800 mower? I've already accepted I won't get 50 years like my dads 147. A shame, but that's the world we live in.

·
Super Moderator
17,034 Posts
Hi everyone!

I just joined the forum moments ago. In two weeks I am having a 2020 model of the XT2 GSX 54 D delivered to our new house. This is my first mower and our first house.

A couple of weeks ago when I first started looking at cubbies, I saw the 2021 XT2 model and almost puked. Black wheels, wth? Tht's not a Cub Cadet! I called my local dealer and the sales lady said she was just waiting for someone to call and say how much they hated the black wheels. By a stroke of luck she had one XT2 GSX 54 D on her showroom floor, a left over from last year.

So I see most of these opinions and reviewing on this thread are now coming up on 3 years. What does everyone still think about there XT2 mowers? I grew up using my dads 1969 Cub Cadet 147 and it was an absolute beast. It's 2021 and he's still running it with the original motor and trans. ****, almost everything is still original.

My property is a little over 2 acres with some hills. With proper care, what can I expect to get out of this $3800 mower? I've already accepted I won't get 50 years like my dads 147. A shame, but that's the world we live in.
Well I grew Up Next door to the IH Cub Cadet Test engineer The Late Mr Donald Stevenson. so I got the see Many of the Cub's before they saw Production as he would bring them home to test them on his 3/4 acre yard I remember when he said the 82 series was going to be Red & white Needless to say right after the 82 series went into Production he took early retirement from IH as they all knew the new color scheme would actually hurt the line which it did actually sales number dropped dramatically until the line was sold in 1981 to MTD. IF You haven't noticed they have been slowly going to the yellow and Black scheme for several years now started with the Zero turn Line and the I series Tractor No white In the Hood only white wheels. This year I Hope to finally change out my 2018 XT3 GSX hood Back to a White Hood (y)
BTW Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well I grew Up Next door to the IH Cub Cadet Test engineer The Late Mr Donald Stevenson. so I got the see Many of the Cub's before they saw Production as he would bring them home to test them on his 3/4 acre yard I remember when he said the 82 series was going to be Red & white Needless to say right after the 82 series went into Production he took early retirement from IH as they all knew the new color scheme would actually hurt the line which it did actually sale number dropped dramatically until the line was sold in 1981 to MTD. IF You haven't noticed they have been slowly going to the yellow and Black scheme for several years now started with the Zero turn Line and the I series Tractor No white In the Hood only white wheels. This year I Hope to finally change out my 2018 XT3 GSX hood Back to a White Hood (y)
BTW Welcome to the forum :)
Hi Sergeant! Thanks for the welcome!! And yes, I have noticed the transition further and further away from the classic Cubby look. My dad's 147 is something else!! I remember being 10 and mowing the lawn each week. I beat the living **** out of that thing. Last year some of the ignition wiring need re-done which I did. She's going to mow another year.

I won't lie, I don't absolutely hate the all yellow and some black look. The beige wheels and a few other small things remind me of my dad's 147.

I hope after spending 4 grand after taxes this XT2 gives me some solid years though or shouldn't I hold my breathe??

·
Registered
755 Posts
The XT2 GSX 54D is probably the most well-spec'd machine in its class. Only caveat could be the fact it's built on a lighter-duty frame compared to the XT3. The XT1/XT2 frame is comparable to the 100/200-series Deere's.

If you're doing what 90% of all homeowners do, it should serve you well. I cannot speak to the quality of components like belts, cables, pulleys, bearings, etc. as I have not owned CC.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
17,034 Posts
Hi Sergeant! Thanks for the welcome!! And yes, I have noticed the transition further and further away from the classic Cubby look. My dad's 147 is something else!! I remember being 10 and mowing the lawn each week. I beat the living **** out of that thing. Last year some of the ignition wiring need re-done which I did. She's going to mow another year.

I won't lie, I don't absolutely hate the all yellow and some black look. The beige wheels and a few other small things remind me of my dad's 147.

I hope after spending 4 grand after taxes this XT2 gives me some solid years though or shouldn't I hold my breathe??
Well the wife and I Bought a Cub Cadet XT2 GX 54D for a friend of ours in 2017 he Has Probably 800 plus Hrs On it Mowing and Clearing about 22 driveways in the winter The warranty I will say is very Nice He used it twice one was the Kohler Oil drain which Kohler also did a fix for which You should have no issues with if You have one with a Kohler and the Fender deck & seat was replaced under warranty His son somehow broke the seat off the fender deck . The Unlimited Hr's for 3 years was well worth it and MTD really does stand Behind it. The Original front Blade Bought for it fell aprt after 1 year(bad design by Agri-Fab Replaced it with this Blade FastAttach™ All-Season Plow - 19A30037100 | Cub Cadet US and hasn't been a Problem (y)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm looking forward to mine!

Anyone have any beauty shots of their mower? Would love to see!

I plan on doing a video and review on mine once I get it. April 14th, counting down the days. Closing day on our house and then the mower :)

·
Super Moderator
17,034 Posts
I'm looking forward to mine!

Anyone have any beauty shots of their mower? Would love to see!

I plan on doing a video and review on mine once I get it. April 14th, counting down the days. Closing day on our house and then the mower :)
Here is Cub Cadets ad for the XT2 GX54 D
(y)

Reactions: country fried

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks Sergeant!

Is it bad I don't know if I'm more excited to have my XT2 delivered or buying the house lol! I also bought a used Cub Cadet 26" 3X snowblower with tracks. Has 15 hours on it and was very well kept! I paid a grand for it. Now, the XT2, well that's gonna set me back $3700.00

Some might say it's foolish, but growing up using my dads 147 that he still uses today, 51 years later, I always told myself when I get a house with enough land, I'm buying a Cubby. I'm not stranger, I know the quality isn't near what it was back in 1969 when his 147 was made, but I'm going to give them a shot! I just can't see myself on a Deere. Never liked the color of them to be perfectly honest.

Viva la Cub Cadet! (for now lol)

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Congrats on the new equipment! As for which is more exciting, the house or the tractor, I'll say this: only one of them can be driven around the yard...

I hope the blower works well for you, tracks sound like a really nice feature, giving tons of grip. I have chains on my tires, but still sometimes don't have enough traction when going up the incline in the driveway.

No machine is perfect, but taking care of them will help them take care of you. Make sure the blower's augers are free on the auger shaft, and grease any fittings on the auger shaft, if present. If the augers rust to the shaft, they can be extremely difficult to remove, plus they prevent the shear bolts from doing their job, which can result in gearbox damage if you hit something solid.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts