My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ended up wearing orange.... got a great deal on 348XD .... machine with Kawasaki engine, triple bagger, mulch kit, taxes, $4000. I would have loved to at least looked at a gx54 but the dealer never ordered any to have in stock, and he wouldn’t give me any type of deal since he’d have to order one specifically for me. I test drove a lower model xt2 and much preferred the Husqy. I know it’s not a fair comparison but I didn’t want to make such a big purchase sight unseen. Even though I didn’t go the advised route I thank you all for your opinions and it’s great to know that you all care and will be an invaluable resource as I go down my tractor journey!

·
Super Moderator
15,426 Posts
New Frames are Just Not Up to the Long Haul

Plus there are warranty has Issues if You Have a Trans or engine Issue You will have to go to those Manufacturers for warranty support as those are the warranties that cover those Components See MTD, Simplicity & John Deere Handle the warranty for all components of there Machines where Husqvarna does Not So Be advised if You Have Issue with Trans or Engine On this tractor You May run into some Problems

Your Originally wanted a Johnny Bucket In your first Post This Machine will not Handle One. You Can see the results of a Johnny Bucket On this frame In FLHusqGT Posts On that Subject and John Scheele(johnny Bucket founder & owner) will tell You it will fit But the Frame is Just two weak to Handle a Johnny Bucket even with the Frame reinforcement Husqvarna has added.

I would suggest if Doing snow removal with something such as a Front Blade to Go with the Aftermarket Bercomac Front Blade as the Frame design On the Agri-Fab made Husqvarna OEM front Blade is Prone to Bend and that is Just with Pushing snow .. Agri-Fab made a reinforced Front Blade design for MTD's XT1 & XT2 That came out in 2018 It Just to Bad Husqvarna did not request one for there Machine
I would be leery of Using a rear 10Inch Plow for any Garden work with this Tractor as well Though It will be fine for tiller Use with a Bercomac 30inch PTO tiller or One of the separate engine Pull Behind tillers.

Well Good Luck. Hope You don't run into any Problems with it. Many have Not Had issues and our very Happy with there Machines for snow removal and Mowing . It the Utility work they have had Issues with Garden or Material Moving (y)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
New Frames are Just Not Up to the Long Haul

Plus there are warranty has Issues if You Have a Trans or engine Issue You will have to go to those Manufacturers for warranty support as those are the warranties that cover those Components See MTD, Simplicity & John Deere Handle the warranty for all components of there Machines where Husqvarna does Not So Be advised if You Have Issue with Trans or Engine On this tractor You May run into some Problems

Your Originally wanted a Johnny Bucket In your first Post This Machine will not Handle One. You Can see the results of a Johnny Bucket On this frame In FLHusqGT Posts On that Subject and John Scheele(johnny Bucket founder & owner) will tell You it will fit But the Frame is Just two weak to Handle a Johnny Bucket even with the Frame reinforcement Husqvarna has added.

I would suggest if Doing snow removal with something such as a Front Blade to Go with the Aftermarket Bercomac Front Blade as the Frame design On the Agri-Fab made Husqvarna OEM front Blade is Prone to Bend and that is Just with Pushing snow .. Agri-Fab made a reinforced Front Blade design for MTD's XT1 & XT2 That came out in 2018 It Just to Bad Husqvarna did not request one for there Machine
I would be leery of Using a rear 10Inch Plow for any Garden work with this Tractor as well Though It will be fine for tiller Use with a Bercomac 30inch PTO tiller or One of the separate engine Pull Behind tillers.

Well Good Luck. Hope You don't run into any Problems with it. Many have Not Had issues and our very Happy with there Machines for snow removal and Mowing . It the Utility work they have had Issues with Garden or Material Moving (y)
Like I said I came to terms with the fact that I don’t need much more than a heavy duty lawn mower. I don’t have a garden to work, just need a mower that will hold up to mowing some hills and towing around a de thatcher and aerator twice a year. Furthermore I’ve only read of one person having a frame issue in the countless hours of research I’ve done and I’ve read of many happy customers in multiple forums including this one.
If it was a certainty that I would be doing bucket work or dozer blade work I would have gone a different route altogether and gotten a XT3 or JD X570 but without the definite need it didn’t make sense to spend that kind of money in my case.

·
Super Moderator
15,426 Posts
Like I said I came to terms with the fact that I don’t need much more than a heavy duty lawn mower. I don’t have a garden to work, just need a mower that will hold up to mowing some hills and towing around a de thatcher and aerator twice a year. Furthermore I’ve only read of one person having a frame issue in the countless hours of research I’ve done and I’ve read of many happy customers in multiple forums including this one.
If it was a certainty that I would be doing bucket work or dozer blade work I would have gone a different route altogether and gotten a XT3 or JD X570 but without the definite need it didn’t make sense to spend that kind of money in my case.
The issue with bent Frames Is Not Just one I pointed out. There are a few On this forum Because the same frame was used under the Craftsman Label as well since 2009. But I have access thru a friend who is a Manager of the HOP Territory Manager's who has seen the Internal Data On Bent Frames and it Has been a common Issue for Years. He changed the Frame On his Personal TS to The Older Rail Frame switched every thing from his TS over to The Frame used On a specific GT54LS Model which Is No Longer In Production as of 2018. I had considered Getting a TS for My Other Property But when He showed Me The Data HOP collects On there Machines I was Like there Is No way I would Buy there TS Garden tractors Do to all the Frame flex and Frame issues. If I would even consider a HOP Machine it would Be the Articulating rider Or a YT series which is still built On a Rail C style frame But My other Property would Probably even a Kill a XT3 after 5 Years. 18 acres is a Lot to Mow which I do 5 times a Year Normally Just Mow 4 acres Up By the Cabin/ Shed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you want to buy a car, there's 50 or more channels on youtube plus any number of magazines to pick up and read reviews on...… Garden tractors, not so much. One of the reasons I started posting here. I found very little on any of the models in that price range. My first time spending that type of money on lawn mower/garden tractor. Enjoy the new machine, hopefully it lasts you a long time. Share your experiences good or bad and maybe it'll help future buyers out in the same situation you're in. And congrats on the new machine!!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts