My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many mowing hours the X700 series gas vs diesel tractors can get before needing to refueling?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I mow a couple of acres each week and to tell the truth I rarely have to put diesel in my 790, it's great on fuel, I believe that I could get maybe .5-.75 gallons per acre, ruff estimate..

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
I can't speak for the X7xx gas tractors, but my 2210 diesel uses about 1/2 the fuel that my old 425 used. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm still on my first tank with my x720. After 2 mowings, about 3 hrs total use and needle is still over half.

·
MTF Member Since Day 1
622 Posts
For mowing with a x728 I get ruffly 1 1/2 hours per gallon.

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Hi Crabgrass ,

I can mow 8hrs. on 6.5 gallons of Diesel with my X595 ... :fing32:

Later,x595

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Hi Crabgrass ,

I can mow 8hrs. on 6.5 gallons of Diesel with my X595 ... :fing32:

Later,x595
And that's a helluva lot of grass. I can mow about the same , I suppose. My lawn, my rental house lawn, my neighbor's lawn and a hired out lawn takes me all day (the hired lawn is 10 miles away), but I have about 3/4 gallon left in the tank when I refill it. Comes out to a bit more than 7 acres, I suppose.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That a good question. I kept forgetting to check mine on the 749. When I blew snow this winter, it seemed like I always was putting fuel in everyday. Granted it snowed everyday almost in December and I read to keep the tank full when cold out for condensation. But now with 60 hours on her cutting grass once a week for 1 hour I haven't put fuel in for a while.

I was wondering with the diesel being new if it had to get broken in to increase fuel economy??

I was talking to my father and he has the 425, he didn't use as much fuel as I did this winter. I wonder if the full time 4 wheel drive has something to do with it?

Any insight on this would be great too.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I fill up the 748 about every 4 hours and it takes about 3 gallons.

Funny thing is that my 34 HP Kubota seems to use about the same amount, although I've never actually measured either one.

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
And that's a helluva lot of grass. I can mow about the same , I suppose. My lawn, my rental house lawn, my neighbor's lawn and a hired out lawn takes me all day (the hired lawn is 10 miles away), but I have about 3/4 gallon left in the tank when I refill it. Comes out to a bit more than 7 acres, I suppose.
Hi KHodges ,

That's mowing my property twice , it takes around 4 hrs. of just Tractoring
depending on how many :trink40: breaks I take , if you know what I mean ...

How do you get your Tractor to (the hired lawn 10 miles away) ??? That
would be a great road trip for the Tractor !!!

Later,x595

1 - 14 of 14 Posts