My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My X748 manual calls for greasing everything at 200 hours or annually. This is not for the mower, that has a separate schedule.

This seems like a long interval compared to my other tractors. I wonder what you guys are doing?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Takes me 4 hrs to mow;and I grease pulleys and drivelines every mow.Grease all non mower fittings once a month.Grease is cheap;parts are not!

·
Super Duper Member
1,471 Posts
Anything stated from the manufacturer is considered to be the min. This might be the greasing intervals under normal operating conditions. You could step up the intervals if conditions warrent, like after a good powerwashing, to get any water out.

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
My X748 manual calls for greasing everything at 200 hours or annually. This is not for the mower, that has a separate schedule.
This seems like a long interval compared to my other tractors. I wonder what you guys are doing?
Hi ccsial ,

My X595 manual reads the same as yours ... I wash (not Powerwash) my
Tractor after snow season , but before mowing season and grease at that
time ,then wash again after mowing season ends and grease at that time ,
that gets the water out as already posted and the pushed out grease still
looks clean ... I put around 125 hrs./year and it gets greased twice ...

Later,x595

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi ccsial ,

My X595 manual reads the same as yours ... I wash (not Powerwash) my
Tractor after snow season , but before mowing season and grease at that
time ,then wash again after mowing season ends and grease at that time ,
that gets the water out as already posted and the pushed out grease still
looks clean ... I put around 125 hrs./year and it gets greased twice ...

Later,x595
That's what I have been doing. Spring and fall. I put about 80 hours a year on it. I do the oil change and fuel filter in fall.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
I usually grease mine about once a month. Comes out to every 20hrs. or so. I mainly want to keep the driveshaft U-joints in good shape, since they're turning any time the engine is on (main), or when I am moving (front axle). It's usually just a single shot, about a half-stroke of the pistol grip. The deck gets it twice a month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts