My Tractor Forum banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
It should be outlawed to have setbacks that close. Looks like the x749 will fit right in there.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
badger, awesome Job on the X! Yesterday I ordered a Cat1 3pt hitch for my X, I don't know if I'm up to it or not but I'd like to be able to operate the 3pt separate of the others (like you did) ....time will tell if I am up to it. I'd like it totally separate.....

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
-Got the playset tore apart, drug up the hill, loaded on the trailer, and hauled 20 miles home. Then we drug it into my backyard and stood it up. It wouldn't lift it with the quick hitch on the 3-point, so we pulled that off and then it would lift it. Moved it around a few times with the forks and then dug some holes when we liked where it was. I can say with certainty, this job would not have happened without the 4x4 tractor and the loader. The 2wd wouldn't have made it up the sandy hill pulling that monster. This purchase officially goes in the win column.:fing32:
-Now I just need to dig a few more holes and rebuild the rest of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
badger, awesome Job on the X! Yesterday I ordered a Cat1 3pt hitch for my X, I don't know if I'm up to it or not but I'd like to be able to operate the 3pt separate of the others (like you did) ....time will tell if I am up to it. I'd like it totally separate.....
Thanks 04zrx.....count your lucky stars you don't have an x7. Putting the 3 point on your machine is about a 1/2 hour job. Doing it on the x7 is a real PITA.
-As far a adding the hydrauilics, you would have to figure out a different way to control the valve since your 4x4 lever is already being utilized. Otherwise it is pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
-Got the playset tore apart, drug up the hill, loaded on the trailer, and hauled 20 miles home. Then we drug it into my backyard and stood it up. It wouldn't lift it with the quick hitch on the 3-point, so we pulled that off and then it would lift it. Moved it around a few times with the forks and then dug some holes when we liked where it was. I can say with certainty, this job would not have happened without the 4x4 tractor and the loader. The 2wd wouldn't have made it up the sandy hill pulling that monster. This purchase officially goes in the win column.:fing32:
-Now I just need to dig a few more holes and rebuild the rest of it.
badgerland01,

Nice to see that the X749 and the 45 came through with flying colors! :fing32::fing32:

I see that you changed the front ballasting in the loader! Got a bit light up there did it?

Roger

·
16,235 Posts
Hi guys....the big X served me well over the winter and it had no issues handling snow duty. It is now time to put it back on the operating table. It is getting a 3-point hitch, H-3 upgrade, and a new/used wiring harness. Hopefully it will survive another surgery.

BadgerLand--I just read back thru this whole thread--(Read it when you first got the machine)--boy you really fixed that thing right!
BTW--nice set-up in the garage --I like that --nice place to work out of--Cheers!:fing32:

glenn

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
badgerland01,

Nice to see that the X749 and the 45 came through with flying colors! :fing32::fing32:

I see that you changed the front ballasting in the loader! Got a bit light up there did it?

Roger
The white stuff in the bucket was 360 lbs of sakrete that was thrown into the bucket for easy transportation into the backyard. Unloaded that when I dug the post holes so I could put the dirt in the bucket. The neighbor is redoing their yard, so I can dump the extta dirt/clay over there.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #188

BadgerLand--I just read back thru this whole thread--(Read it when you first got the machine)--boy you really fixed that thing right!
BTW--nice set-up in the garage --I like that --nice place to work out of--Cheers!:fing32:

glenn
Thanks for the kind words Glenn. The garage works out pretty good. I wish it was 1 or 2 cars bigger though, as I'm sure most everybody else wishes their shops were bigger as well.

·
Banker / hobby farmer
620 Posts
badger, excellent job on the restoration of your x749. You basically got a $7-$8k tractor for nearly half the price (Plus a lot of sweat!) That has to feel satisfying.

I also just got my ruegg 3ph for my x485 and will be installing this Saturday (I hope). I may end up trying the "H3" upgrade as well. Fortunately members here have done some great documentation on both the 3ph installation and the H3!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Cannot believe I have had this thing for 2 years already. It has been working great and the only issue I have had with it so far was a broken ball joint for the rear steering. No surprise since there are about a dozen of them. Here is a pic from tonight unloading a packaged a/c and heat unit off a trailer and into my scrap pile. I didn't think it would lift it.....but here it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Cannot believe I have had this thing for 2 years already. It has been working great and the only issue I have had with it so far was a broken ball joint for the rear steering. No surprise since there are about a dozen of them. Here is a pic from tonight unloading a packaged a/c and heat unit off a trailer and into my scrap pile. I didn't think it would lift it.....but here it is.
badgerland01,

WOW that thing is almost as long as the whole tractor and loader combined. These Super GTs are just amazing little animals for what they can do.

Ownership of mine is approaching 5 years and I can't think of a better tool for my needs.

Roger

·
Premium Member
7,742 Posts
Whoa. Just read through this whole thread after seeing your tractor on your trailer in the other thread. Amazing save!

Mike

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Whoa. Just read through this whole thread after seeing your tractor on your trailer in the other thread. Amazing save!

Mike
Thanks for the compliment. I was glad to save if from the scrap yard it was headed to. It has been a great machine for the last few years and serves me well every week!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Added a new suspension and seat to the x749 today. It has been sitting on a shelf since last winter when I found if for a decent price. I really like being able to adjust the back to sit up straight or recline a little.

Attachments

181 - 196 of 196 Posts