My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my guys and girls I’ve done it now. Added a 2011 X748 to the heard. Clean, low hours, lots of implements. My 318 was new to me in September now I have the bug. I have a small lot but I see a lot of fun ahead.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that smarts a bit, new member and technologically challenged. I thought this was a friendly forum.

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
7,690 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to make make you feel bad or make fun of you. We just like seeing pics of tractors.

It's relatively straightforward to add pics to posts, if you have them on your computer. You can just drag the picture from Windows Explorer/Finder, to the text entry area where you type in your post, and drop it, and then it should automatically be uploaded and inserted into the post where you drop it.

But, this isn't a "you have to"... thing, you are still welcome, and we will be happy to help with any problems with the tractors you may have in the future.

·
Super Moderator
40,099 Posts
Welcome to MTF! Lots of info here and great members (Except @dave_r of course! 🤣 ) to help and share with, enjoy the site! Seriously though Dave is a great member and maybe started "teasing" a bit too soon. We do like pics and you've got a couple of great machines to get some pictures up here of. Here is some site navigation assistance in case you need it:

Font Parallel Technology Slope Screenshot

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks for the help, I’ll need it. Some things never change I’m a member on a Vintage Machinery site, same story, show me the pictures. I’ll get it worked out I hope. Can’t wait to share a bit. The 318 really has been a blast so far. I can’t even imagine what the X has in store for me.

·
Super Moderator
40,099 Posts
This may help you if you have your pictures buried in file locations:

Rectangle Font Multimedia Magenta Software

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your patience (NOT). Hold your pants on I got it loaded and almost home, Quick car wash to give it a shower.
My pics are on phone so I’ll figure it out in due time, mean while.
It’s a 2011 X748
Less than 900hrs
It’s has 54” deck
Quick hitch broom
Quick hitch 47 Blower
Weight box full of concrete
3 Point Cat1 limited
Best for last….wait for it
45 Loader :)
So I’ll get to figuring out resize pics but I gotta unload and get trailer back. Please bear with me IT HAPPENED! I didn’t wanna say to much till I had it loaded, just in case the handshake fell through. Thanks for understanding. Pinch me I can’t believe it happened.
Gonna be quite a trick getting through yard today, oh the rain has made a swamp!

·
Premium Member
10,176 Posts
WOW, What a halll!!!

Reactions: gtunney

·
Super Moderator
15,775 Posts
You will enjoy the X748 and find it very useful, especially with all the attachments. Welcome to MTF

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks a bunch, I hope it’s just fun stuff to share with no problems to solve. My 318 is gonna love it too cus I was working her hard. Put forks on the 3Pt attached to the HeavyHitch and proceeded to start picking up heavy rocks. Got a 733lb rock lifted with it and drove around with it. It struggled lifting but I was amazed. So ya, I’ll leave the heavy stuff for the X and the 318 can watch.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
How much for the haul ? $$$$

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh my Trent I will, I hope it’s okay, hopefully it’s built more stout than that. I’d like to add a HeavyHitch to it and load it up. Looks as though I’d better see what ballast is recommended from Deere. Good news it fits in the shed with the loader and ballast box.

As for the $$$$.$$ Q I paid 12K + Tax I wasn’t sure if I was over paying but I didn’t wanna hesitate and miss out. That is a feeling I don’t enjoy. If I over paid go easy on me.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Tractors that fit the 45 loader are known for being abused and overloaded either by accident or on purpose. The tractor weighs about 1000lbs or sometimes less if it's gas and 2WD, while the loader weighs over half that, about 550lbs. In my opinion that's too heavy of a loader on too small of a tractor but it has its uses. I also don't like how the loader shifts on the bar side to side as you drive over uneven terrain.

Back to the price you paid, it might be a little high, on the other hand it's unusual that you got the broom and 3 point hitch. Most packages I see for sale have deck, loader, snowblower and that's it.

I know someone in my area is selling an X748 package (48 deck, loader, rear weight bracket and 6 weights) for 11,250 or tractor only for 7,200. No snowblower or blade with that one.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Nice pickup! If it’s something you really wanted and it’s a long term proposition, then overpaying a bit is really no big deal. Enjoy your investment and we can’t wait to see pictures.

Reactions: Vigo

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes I really did want it and it will be a long term proposition, I hope I hope. It was fun to dream about and turn it into reality.
I’m not gonna do much with it this winter cus I need to check every thing out on it. Most importantly I think would be antifreeze protection. All the manuals came with it and maybe maintenance logs are there too, dunno yet.
I’ll put her to work in the spring. My 318 is pretty much ready to plow. Gotta put rear chains back on they were doing a number on my yard whilst mulching leaves. The plow was abused and neglected. I resurrected it HeavyHitch AR cutting edge and the skid plates they offer. The moldboard is rusted through and they wore it into the bolt holes sadly. I took it to a weld shop and had them weld a piece of steel I drilled out with longer stainless bolts. I have weights on front wheels with chains I cut to fit and a spider bungee.

i really must investigate the pic posting issue but not looking forward to it. I really do apologize for the delay.

i hear the comments coming, less time posting more time learning how to share picks!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts