My Tractor Forum banner

161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
What about water infiltration when the snow starts to build up? All connections are waterproofed?
There is only 1 connection, it's near the tractor grill and I'm pretty sure it's a sealed connection. It's a 2 prong plug with a threaded connector, I believe its sealed with a oring.

I guess I've never unplugged it and looked inside but I have wiggled on it when i was looking for the problem. I'll open that connector up and look at it after I get home from work today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,452 Posts
Is it possible that the exhaust warms up the actuator so that it works intermittently? Maybe on runs when the chute is pointed at the exhaust side?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Is it possible that the exhaust warms up the actuator so that it works intermittently? Maybe on runs when the chute is pointed at the exhaust side?
The muffler comes out the right side of the tractor and blows right on the edge of the snowblower, actually I can see exactly where it blows due to the soot on the snowblower. Haha

My actuator is on the left side of the chute. It may be possible that the engine heat that blows out of the grill gets that far, but I doubt it. Everytime I'm done using it I brush the snow off before putting it inside. On the snowblower is all snow, down in the quick hitch has slush or ice usually. Being the snowblower isnt iced up tells me it's not getting any engine heat on it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Double checked and the wire coupler is weather resistant with a oring and is in perfect shape with no signs of moisture. I smeared a little di-electric grease in there anyway.

And here's where my exhaust is blowing, the soot makes it pretty obvious.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
I added some more lighting. I had 2 pods on the front of the cab and I bought 4 more of the same style. 1 went front center aimed up a little higher than the existing 2. 1 on each side shining to sides and 1 rear facing. Main switch turns on forward facing and a toggle switch after the main switch for the sides and another toggle for the rear. Here are some pics, 1 pic is factory headlights only and rest is my add on's. Not too bad for under $7 each.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I've mentioned this before but... I've spray painted my front facing LED's lenses with "VHT MC202 Yellow 11 Ounce Dupli-Color Coating Anodized". The yellow tint helps push through the white snow (less glare) when it is blowing around at night. I think I taped and sprayed two coats when I did it. 5ish years later it is still on and working well.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
I've mentioned this before but... I've spray painted my front facing LED's lenses with "VHT MC202 Yellow 11 Ounce Dupli-Color Coating Anodized". The yellow tint helps push through the white snow (less glare) when it is blowing around at night. I think I taped and sprayed two coats when I did it. 5ish years later it is still on and working well.
I'll have to check it out!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
I also picked up a tail gate for my mc519 cart the other day. Got it for $40, it's not perfect as it shows some use but it's still decent. I figured my wife can use the cart for her gardening and the tailgate might be nice to have for her.

·
Registered
964 Posts
What is up with the jugs on the drift cutters?

·
Premium Member
6,250 Posts
Probably leaves them on for small snowfalls, rather then taking them off for safety issues when he stores the tractor and blower in the garage. So no one falls on them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #173 (Edited)
Probably leaves them on for small snowfalls, rather then taking them off for safety issues when he stores the tractor and blower in the garage. So no one falls on them.
Correct, whenever I walk past they grab my pants so I just jamb a washer fluid jug over them when I'm not using it. I was just too lazy to pull them off for the picture. Yesterday I waited all day for it to get dark outside so I could take it out and check out the new lighting. Haha

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Got bored yesterday and did some stuff to the X748. First I removed the battery and touched up the paint where it sits. I put a thin rubber mat under the battery when I reinstalled it.

Then I disconnected all heater hoses and wiring for the OTC cab and removed it.

I've noticed some pressure in the transmission when I pull the dipstick so I removed the fender deck and fuel tank to clean the transmission vent. While I has it disassembled I vacuumed all the crud under the fender.

Next I noticed a spot behind the seat where the seat base touches the fender when the seat is all way back. So I massaged it with a cut off wheel so now it has some clearance.

The X475 battery tray was missing alot of paint so I completely repainted the bottom and placed a rubber mat under the battery.
Neither tractor had rust from a leaky battery, the paint was just wore off where the battery sits and vibrates. Hopefully the piece of rubber will solve that.

Today I might pull them both outside and pressure wash them off. The X748 has the 47 blower on it and is dirty from blowing snow, the X475 and 46 thrower is dusty from being parked all winter.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Here is the piece I trimmed from the seat. It was a 90° corner and I just nipped it to a 45°. Here is the mark it left on the fender deck.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Hmm, I've never noticed a seat base rubbing issue but will take a look later today when I get out. Thanks for sharing the issue and pics.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Hmm, I've never noticed a seat base rubbing issue but will take a look later today when I get out. Thanks for sharing the issue and pics.
It only touches with seat all the way back and with pressure pushing back on the seat or leaning back on the seat, like when climbing a hill or whatever. It's not much of a mark but since I have the seat all the way back I trimmed it off so the mark wont get any bigger.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Got bored the other day with the paint marking pen. I've seen other machines with with black paint on their diff pedal, neither of my machines has one. Well technically they both do now.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
It looks nice but does take boredom to another level... I got my Weather Enclosure and snow blower removed yesterday. Almost ready to do some yard spraying but things are a bit soft currently.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
It looks nice but does take boredom to another level... I got my Weather Enclosure and snow blower removed yesterday. Almost ready to do some yard spraying but things are a bit soft currently.
I removed my cab a couple weeks ago....from bordem. We've been staying home as much as possible trying to help stop the spread of Corona virus. So that means I get really bored and have some spare time....haha

161 - 180 of 182 Posts