My Tractor Forum banner

141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I used the 47 blower for the first time today! Friday night we got around 4" of wet snow then it turned to rain. Been raining ever since, got about 2" of rain on top that 4" of snow. It is super wet and heavy, I was expecting the 47 to not be able to move any of it.
It surprised me as was able the throw it quite a ways, but there was a wave of slush in front the blower that kept spilling out the sides.
Overall I'm happy with its performance, but I know if I would have went and got my 46 it would have picked it up better with no slush pushing in front of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I used the 47 blower for the first time today! Friday night we got around 4" of wet snow then it turned to rain. Been raining ever since, got about 2" of rain on top that 4" of snow. It is super wet and heavy, I was expecting the 47 to not be able to move any of it.
It surprised me as was able the throw it quite a ways, but there was a wave of slush in front the blower that kept spilling out the sides.
Overall I'm happy with its performance, but I know if I would have went and got my 46 it would have picked it up better with no slush pushing in front of it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Used the machine again today. We had around 3-4" of light fluffy snow late this morning. When I got home from work I planned on clearing the snow, temp was about -2 with 15-20mph winds.

I did all my concrete first knowing my neighbor wanted a trail thru his grass to his back shed thru the snow that got rained on earlier this year so I stopped to move the skids so I wouldn't dig into the grass.

Well I had troubles and twisted off a bolt for the skid while I worked outside. About half hour later i was ready to roll again but when I hit the button to move the chute the fuse blew. I just left it and went at it with no chute control.

When I parked it inside I did some clean up and after about 10 minutes I replaced the fuse and it worked as it should.

Anybody else have issues with a electric actuator in the cold?

·
Registered
909 Posts
They’ve been known to freeze up sometimes, Water gets past the seal and freezes the rod. I inverted mine and it hasn’t frozen since.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Well when I get time I'll see if I can mount it the other way.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Never got around to flipping the actuator yet. We got around 8" of snow yesterday after noon and over night so I used it this morning. It's about 10 degrees warmer than last time I had it out and the actuator worked fine other than I could tell it moves slower if I haven't moved it in awhile. At times it wouldn't work at all but I believe I have a loose connection where I tied into my power supply.

I have to go back and re-center the chute rotation. I must have not had the clamp tight enough on the cable and now it rotates alot further to the right than left.

Also anyone else have complaints of the piles of snow these two blowers leave when you come to stop and back up? Even when I wait a few seconds for it to clean out before I back away it leaves a big pile. I can let it clean out then slowly raise the blower as I inch forward and it isnt quute as bad but still leaves a small pile. My 46 single stage works much nicer in that aspect.

·
Super Moderator
28,948 Posts
We about a foot of old snow on the ground, but I'm wanting new snow to try it on. Lol

You have to be creative to show that your equipment is working.......!!! Bubbles work, ask me how I know!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
I never gave any thought to taking any pictures until I was done moving snow this morning. We had about 8" Friday thru Saturday morning and 30 mph winds with occasional gusts of 45 mph all day and overnight. Finally this morning the winds slowed to 10-15mph. So we all know the mess that makes!

The drifts behind my garage were as high as my waist! The X748 had no troubles at all, the 47 blower struggled a bit though. I had enough power to go faster but the blower wouldn't keep up and it would push in front and roll over the top of the blower if I didnt slow down. I know its normal and I need to let the blower do its job but I was just so impressed with the grunt that little yanmar has. I think if I had my X475 on there that Kawasaki would have been bogging way down, along with the gas gauge!

I still had troubles with the chute actuator, I'm not sure if I have a loose connection somewhere, bad switch, or bad actuator. It works intermediately. Funny thing is it AWLAYS works when its not being used and inside the heated garage. It's hard to find the problem when it works just fine when I'm trying to fix the problem.

I also ordered 4 more lights just like the 2 I already have. On Amazon a 4 pack was $22 and I really like them, they are bright enough to see what I'm doing, but not so bright that the snow is blinding me. I figured I'd put 1 in front of the cab centered between my 2 original lights but this one will be aimed up higher to shine further ahead. Then 1 on each side the cab shining to the sides and the last 1 facing the rear. The sides and rear will have a toggle switch so I can turn them off and on as needed separately from the forward facing lights. Hopefully the alternator will handle it.

·
Premium Member
9,449 Posts
Hey I would like to hear from our neighbors to the North in the Maritimes. Apparently they are dealing with a hundred year storm burying cars on the street and snow measurements in meters. I hope everyone is safe and sound up there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Hey I would like to hear from our neighbors to the North in the Maritimes. Apparently they are dealing with a hundred year storm burying cars on the street and snow measurements in meters. I hope everyone is safe and sound up there.
We had nothing compared to that. Hopefully they get some relief from the storm and back to normal.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Anybody else have issues with a electric actuator in the cold?

Yes, I blew a fuse a few weeks ago but that's the 1st one is 2 years. Being in NW Minnesota I use my machine allot, in fact just put 2 hours on it this weekend.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Yes, I blew a fuse a few weeks ago but that's the 1st one is 2 years. Being in NW Minnesota I use my machine allot, in fact just put 2 hours on it this weekend.
Had I known it was gonna be this fussy I would have went with the old school cable system instead.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Check your quick disconnect connection and make sure it good and tight. I believe that's why mine blew.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Check your quick disconnect connection and make sure it good and tight. I believe that's why mine blew.
Thanks for the tip but I have checked it over multiple times already. Inside the garage I can wiggle and pull on all the wires and it doesnt skip a beat.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I've had a wire get bad due to the rotation of the chute. I think I've had to repair it twice in 5-6 years. Never had a fuse blow. I suppose now I should check it to insure it is not over rated for the job...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
I've had a wire get bad due to the rotation of the chute. I think I've had to repair it twice in 5-6 years. Never had a fuse blow. I suppose now I should check it to insure it is not over rated for the job...
I have the wire harness secured to the chute so the wires coming out of the actuator wont ever be stressed by the chute rotation. I have wiggled on all the wires while inside the heated shop and it always works inside. Out in the cold it works intermediately, it will work and then 5 minutes later it wont move, then few minutes later it's working again. I dont think it's getting moisture inside the actuator because it randomly works in the cold. If it was froze it wouldn't move until it comes back in the warm garage.

Here is how I have the wire harness secured. There is plenty of slack so it doesnt get tight with chute rotation or lifting the blower up and down. No wires are ever in a pinch point either.

141 - 160 of 182 Posts