My Tractor Forum banner

101 - 120 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Actually I need the smaller 47 to fit on some sidewalks and it's pretty tight in the garage already.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I understand the sidewalk issue. I had replaced my sidewalk while I had the 44” on the X360 and of course I made the new walk 46”. Now I just run one side of the 54” in the grass with my 1” skid extenders on. Then I just shovel off the little that’s left.

Garages are another matter. They are never big enough for everything to fit.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Wow its amazing how little fuel this thing uses compared to my x475!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Wow its amazing how little fuel this thing uses compared to my x475!

It is definitely a nice feature. Combine that with the increased fuel capacity, because our X748s are older (larger tank/no bladder), and they go for a while between fills.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
It is definitely a nice feature. Combine that with the increased fuel capacity, because our X748s are older (larger tank/no bladder), and they go for a while between fills.
Same size tank as my x475, with the x475 it took around 3 gallons (about 1/2 tank) per snowfall to move the snow with my 46 single stage. With the x748 and same 46 I moved 3 snowfalls and used under a 1/2 tank. Might not be direct comparison as I did completely redo my driveway last summer.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Same size tank as my x475, with the x475 it took around 3 gallons (about 1/2 tank) per snowfall to move the snow with my 46 single stage. With the x748 and same 46 I moved 3 snowfalls and used under a 1/2 tank. Might not be direct comparison as I did completely redo my driveway last summer.

Wow, that is a lot of fuel. How long/large is you driveway and how long does it take to clear?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Wow, that is a lot of fuel. How long/large is you driveway and how long does it take to clear?
Mines not very big at all. Some sidewalks and tight areas that take time. Then I do all my neighbors that haven't been done yet. Also drive over to my mother in laws for hers and any of her neighbors who aren't done yet.

Ya I know it's not smart to buy a expensive machine and clear everyone's driveway for free but I dont mind. I dont like seeing elderly people out on the cold shoveling snow, I can take of that for them pretty easily and I know they appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Mines not very big at all. Some sidewalks and tight areas that take time. Then I do all my neighbors that haven't been done yet. Also drive over to my mother in laws for hers and any of her neighbors who aren't done yet.

Ya I know it's not smart to buy a expensive machine and clear everyone's driveway for free but I dont mind. I dont like seeing elderly people out on the cold shoveling snow, I can take of that for them pretty easily and I know they appreciate it.

That explains it. I get my retired neighbors when it is DEEP or just the end of his driveway as the town plow really fills his in deep. I don't do his all the time as he likes to escape to the outside some too.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Well I have a 47 snowblower to go look at tomorrow if the weather permits. Its 3 hours one way and its supposed to get down to -18 tonight so we'll see how it looks in the morning for travel.

In the pics it looks like new, has the steel impeller, comes with xseries quick hitch, short shaft and 2wd xseries shaft. I dont need the hitch or shaft but I plan on keeping the nicest hitch and shaft (I still have the x475) and listing the other set with my 46 for sale. Maybe it wont work out but we'll see.

Any opinions on how much $$ is too much for a 47 (showing no wear from what I seen in the pics) with the hitch and shaft?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wow that looks nice. Not perfect but a lot nicer than anything I've seen here lately. I think I'd aim for 1500 and walk away at 2000.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Looks great and seems well priced. I looked at an old spreadsheet and the new price for the 47" when I was looking 9 years ago was about $3,200 + tax. The 54" was about $400 more. I've been very happy with my 54". My brother has the 47" and is happy with his too. We both have the chute rotation mod and love it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Looks great and seems well priced. I looked at an old spreadsheet and the new price for the 47" when I was looking 9 years ago was about $3,200 + tax. The 54" was about $400 more. I've been very happy with my 54". My brother has the 47" and is happy with his too. We both have the chute rotation mod and love it.
Thanks for the info! With the hitch and shaft makes me think I should jump on it

·
Registered
94 Posts
Where are you located? I'm considering a 46 blower to add to my fleet....

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Thanks for the info! With the hitch and shaft makes me think I should jump on it

Don’t waste time, that’s a great price with the hitch and shaft. I priced a shaft for my son’s X730 when I bought it a couple of years ago and it was from memory about $800. I don’t know the hitch price, but is likely about the same.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I bought it and have it home and mounted on the x748 already. The seller is a retired jd dealer and still tinkers with some stuff and buys and sells for something to do. I asked him if he would split the blower from the hitch and shaft, he was ok with that and lowered the price for me. I gave him $1500 for the blower. It's in great shape except a few paint chips on the outside the impeller housing. Almost every one I've seen has the paint chips and some are all bent up from rocks going thru it. Too bad they didnt make them with replaceable bands like a silage blower.

·
Premium Member
9,443 Posts
That blower looks great. Enjoy! We will want more pictures.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #119 (Edited)
That blower looks great. Enjoy! We will want more pictures.
I plan on doing the chute rotation mod, getting a uhmw cutting bar, adding a drift cutter on the other side (which I already have in storage at the farm), and maybe getting a electric actuator for the spout control.

Also I've seen were guys double the end caps to help sturdy it up so they dont bend as easily. Anybody have any experience with that?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Do you get a LOT of snow? I bought the 2nd drift cutter when I bought the 54" blower. About 2 weeks later I took them both off and they have not been on since (9 years). I kept hitting them when walking by in the garage. I had 6+ feet of snow in 2+ days a few years ago. If I didn't miss them then I'll never need them.

Glad you got that blower. It looks great.

101 - 120 of 182 Posts