My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been around here for awhile now. Dont post a whole lot but like to read. I've been on the lookout for x595 or x748 for about a year or so. I've had a couple bad experiences with sellers so far.

Allegedly I have a 2007 x748 being delivered later this week. It does not have the pto shaft that goes thru the front axle or the shaft that connects it.

Anyone have a pto kit laying around for sale?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry I can't help you out with the PTO shaft but congrats on the new machine and hello from NW Minnesota!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Keep a eye on ebay they show up used and new. Bought one new old stock kit few years ago for a good price. They have gone up since then but so has everything green and yellow.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep a eye on ebay they show up used and new. Bought one new old stock kit few years ago for a good price. They have gone up since then but so has everything green and yellow.
I've been checking Ebay, craigslist, and facebook marketplace a couple times everyday....lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I can't help you out with the PTO shaft but congrats on the new machine and hello from NW Minnesota!
Thank you! Hopefully this one comes thru and I'll have some pictures to share later this week!

·
Premium Member
9,169 Posts
Here's to everything going well, but you are going to LOVE that machine. I think I have a stub shaft in my garage, but I can't find it (one sure way of proving you have too much stuff). I'll try and look again.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's to everything going well, but you are going to LOVE that machine. I think I have a stub shaft in my garage, but I can't find it (one sure way of proving you have too much stuff). I'll try and look again.
Thanks Steve! I am looking forward for moving snow this winter with it, not that my x475 couldnt handle it but the 4x4 would be nice so I dont have to run chains on my new concrete driveway I poured earlier this summer.

I woulda went for a x758 but I like the styling of the older ones better, plus my OTC cab can fit either the x475 or x748. And my mow decks should be interchangeable.

Little nervous about it cuz the seller said there some small scratches in the hood from pine trees or whatever. I'm kinda fussy and I bet my idea of small scratches and his idea of small scratches are way different...lol

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
...the seller said there some small scratches in the hood from pine trees or whatever. I'm kinda fussy and I bet my idea of small scratches and his idea of small scratches are way different...
I put small pine-tree scratches on my 2305 and 455 hoods every week.... don't sweat the small stuff.... it will buff right out (trust me - been there, done that).....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put small pine-tree scratches on my 2305 and 455 hoods every week.... don't sweat the small stuff.... it will buff right out (trust me - been there, done that).....
Well good to know! Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
My pines also leave their sap on the grille and hood, some of sap will look like scratches, it’s comes off with Goo Gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't have any pines left to mow around, and I'm pretty ok with that!

Any of you guys ever try using something like the F11 topcoat? I was thinking about getting a small bottle, small bottle is around $75! On their videos it looks pretty impressive, but of coarse the videos are always impressive....lol I'm pretty fussy about my stuff and like to keep it looking as nice as I can within reason.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well fellas the plan is its gonna be delivered tomorrow evening. Haven't got final word if they have left yet.

So when I look at it, anyone have any pointers on what to focus on? Its Its supposedly a clean well maintained 2007 with 288 hours on it.

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
I’ve used armor all “wax it dry” on my X’s I like it, it’s slick and it shines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well fellas the plan is its gonna be delivered tomorrow evening. Haven't got final word if they have left yet.

So when I look at it, anyone have any pointers on what to focus on? Its Its supposedly a clean well maintained 2007 with 288 hours on it.

With only 288hr tires should look good not worn down. Hard to tell with paint as it could of sat outside at one point. Engine side should be clean oil free unless its had engine work. It should drive like new with them hrs. Dont forget the pics when you get her.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With only 288hr tires should look good not worn down. Hard to tell with paint as it could of sat outside at one point. Engine side should be clean oil free unless its had engine work. It should drive like new with them hrs. Dont forget the pics when you get her.
Tires looked almost new yet in the pictures. It didnt sit outside at all and the paint looked pretty good in the pictures other than what looked like really light scratches, from tree branches or whatever rubbed the hood when when they mowed. Hopefully it was just bad lighting when the pictures were taken and it made it look worse then how it looks in person.

Other than just the regular stuff I'm gonna look closely at the radiator as I've seen a few complaints of leaking radiators.

I've heard of 2 with frame cracks where the rear axle bolts on. But I thinking those machines were prolly being used harder than most.

I looked at a x595 awhile back and the front axle had alot of play in it. Like they never greasing the pivot pin? Maybe it's normal for the axle to wiggle back and forth? But I'm gonna look this one over pretty good.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts