My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Jimboomba also in Australia, did you happen to buy the x748 from him?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
No. Mine came with the 45 loader and 7 Iron deck. I did see that one for sale and looks like a nice machine.

Luis - I think your wife may be right there. I'm pretty sure the leak was coming from the filler neck. The 2 bolts had an easy half turn each and there was a visible trace of oil coming from where the neck meets the transaxle. So hopefully that problem was this simple.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Problem fixed. New PTO clutch installed. Deck works great - heaps of power. Just need to sharpen blades now.

On another note - somehow I gained 100psi. Was 1000psi, now 1100psi. Could a worn PTO piston o-ring cause this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations! Glad it worked out.

As for the higher pressure. While preparing to increase the pressure in my x738, I saw some variation in the pressure. I think it was due to the fluid decreasing in viscosity as it warmed up and therefore experiencing higher (normal) internal leakage, including within the charge pump itself. Did you measure the pressure at 1100psi when cold?

Similarly, If there is an internal leak in the system due to a worn or damaged part (such as the piston o-ring) the pump may not be able to flow enough to reach max pressure. So theoretically, yes.

Another point in pressure variation I experienced had to do with how tight the cover was for the relief valve (middle of the three on top). If the cap is not fully seated, the maximum pressure will be lower as the preload on the spring is lower, so the valve regulates to a lower pressure. Did you remove it while checking and cleaning up your solenoids and valves? Any chance it was tighter when you reinstalled it?

Regardless, glad you got it fixed.

-Luis

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Oil was warm because I had just tested the mower deck operation. Test was done at the output pump.

Relief valve was definitely fully seated both times. I did notice that when I removed the PTO clutch piston o-ring it was flattened on the outside edge. So I guess more than likely it was worn and leaking oil past.

Relieved my issue is fixed now though - and I learned alot taking on the job myself. Thanks to everyone for the advice and tips. Greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
13,248 Posts
Great!! Glad you were able to get it all fixed.

·
Super Moderator
29,013 Posts
Glad you have your 7 iron working and thanks for letting everyone follow along until you solved it. This helps the forum and future members and owners of the equipment!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
No problem. Without this forum, and the help from some generous members, I wouldn't of even attempted the fix.

Cheers again guys.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts