My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on my new x740(2010 leftover) that when I turn the wheel to its maximum range of travel on both the left and the right side, the wheel will continue to turn:dunno:. Not freely, like normal steering, but with some resistance. I've only ever had mech. steering before, so when the wheel reached the end of the gear, it stopped! Every car I've ever driven, the wheel stops when you reach the end of its travel. Is this normal for my x740 or should I file a warranty claim:fing20:?

·
MTF mile high club member
5,919 Posts
That's normal for a hydraulic steering system; there's no mechanical link between the steering wheel and the front end (also, that's why the spinner knob always ends up in a different position if you have a spinner). :fing32:

·
Registered
326 Posts
That's normal for a hydraulic steering system; there's no mechanical link between the steering wheel and the front end (also, that's why the spinner knob always ends up in a different position if you have a spinner). :fing32:
DP is right. As a matter of fact, the BIG boys have the same issue. Not a problem, it's just the steering system blowing relief or oil leaking through the orbitrol unit. :fing32:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts