My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what to do but wanted to see what the best route might be. I would like to get a tiller but I don't have a 3 point and I don't have a rear PTO. I hardly ever need to till but we do have a small garden and I have some grass areas I want to redo. I was thinking the hydraulic 42" was the best bet but I want the cheapest option possible. I could just rent one but would rather have it on the X. I also have the Click and Go brackets installed so I wasn't sure if the 3 point will work with that installed

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure what to do but wanted to see what the best route might be. I would like to get a tiller but I don't have a 3 point and I don't have a rear PTO. I hardly ever need to till but we do have a small garden and I have some grass areas I want to redo. I was thinking the hydraulic 42" was the best bet but I want the cheapest option possible. I could just rent one but would rather have it on the X. I also have the Click and Go brackets installed so I wasn't sure if the 3 point will work with that installed
I use a DR Equipment tow-behind rototiller behind my X738. Not nearly as convenient as having a tiller on a 3-pt, but cheaper, It works fine for my 50' x 100' ft garden.

·
Registered
45 Posts
With the 42 hydraulic tiller your still going to need the three point hitch on the X738. Going with the 42 hydraulic tiller is probably going to be the cheapest option for using a tiller on the X738.

·
Super Moderator
15,896 Posts
Click N Go Brackets work with the 3 Point Hitch as show below
I have Both a 42inch Hydraulic tiller(16 Years) & a 647 48inch PTO driven Tiller(3 years)
Yes you Need the 3 point Hitch( get Limited Cat 1 3 point hitch don't get the Cat 0 3point Hitch) to Use the 42inch Hydraulic tiller But You don't Need the Rear PTO as the Hydraulic Pump runs of the Mid PTO. Deck Needs to be removed & Mid rocker shaft arms for Signature series if you have a drive over deck. Nice thing about the Hydraulic tiller is You Can Till In either direction with It Just By Changing the 3 point frame & Tiller shield around. It costs a Little Bit more than the 647 But You don't Need to Install the Rear PTO so If ends Up being a bit cheaper In the Long run (y)
3-1.jpg

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Sergeant! Wasn't sure on the 3 point. I've been looking around for a 42 but they are harder to find than I thought. Either way it's a bit of a pricey option but I figure the 3 point can be used with many other things. May have to just rent one if I can't find anything for a good price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts