My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I agreed to help a friend of mine; with a recently broken arm, renovate his back yard. I picked up a new tarter Tiller and here is a short video of some of the work. I'll post another video later using the 45 loader to clear the dirt.

The tiller is a County Line from Tractor Supply made by Tarter. So far I have run over a couple of stumps that stalled out the tractor but the tiller just starts right back up and keeps going.

·
Super Moderator
28,806 Posts
OK, so where's the next video???? You can't just hang us out there like that JBible! :) :) :) Nice of you to help the neighbor like that. Hey maybe you should toss the swings over the top a few times to get them up out of the way, although I love a good comedy!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
J, look through owners/instruction manual. There should (??) be some type of clutch or slip mechanism between the engine and the tines...engine should not stall, clutch should "slip" Looks good though! Bob

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
So I agreed to help a friend of mine; with a recently broken arm, renovate his back yard. I picked up a new tarter Tiller and here is a short video of some of the work. I'll post another video later using the 45 loader to clear the dirt.

The tiller is a County Line from Tractor Supply made by Tarter. So far I have run over a couple of stumps that stalled out the tractor but the tiller just starts right back up and keeps going.

How are you liking the tiller? Probably what I am getting soon for my X585.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok the next video showing the loader will be uploaded tonight. Sorry for the delay. We finally got rain and I'm waiting for the bare dirt to dry before going over it.

there is a slip clutch on the pto shaft on the the tiller side but so far it hasn't slipped at all. I probably need to Loosen all the bolts and make sure it isn't rusted together as it was on the lot exposed since last year.

So far I like the tiller. It is probably the heaviest tiller you would ever want to attach to the back of a X series tractor. I believe it's about the same weight as the JD 647 tiller. Fortunately it costs $1000 less then the 647 if you find it at Tractor Supply branded as a County Line tiller. I looked at all the different dealers in my area before getting this one. The same tiller at two other ag stores wanted $2200 for the same tiller so it pays to shop around. I discovered Tractor Supply Co. usually has a sale on tillers in May each year.

I made the decision to add the rear pto and with what I payed for the tiller I'm only $400 more out of pocket then buying the 42" hydro tiller from my JD dealer. I just couldn't see myself having to get down on the ground after removing the mower deck to remove the auto connect and install the brackets and pump then go through all that again in reverse to be able to mow again. Also the hydro tiller isn't Imatch compatible so I would have to take that on and off as well. The Tarter tiller is Imatch compatible and I just had to get a set of Imatch bushings to mount it on the back.

·
Super Moderator
28,806 Posts
Ok the next video showing the loader will be uploaded tonight. Sorry for the delay.
Just having some fun with you! I'm retired, which by definition means not rushing! So take your time and get it up when you're ready.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok! Here is the promised loader fodder for those that like that kind of thing. 😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts