My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deere Owner
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The throttle on my 2011 X729 with the fuel injected Kawasaki engine does not increase the engine speed until it reaches between one third and half-throttle position. A dealer says this is normal for these tractors. I'm just wondering if other owners experience the same type of throttle response. Other tractors I've owned have had what I would describe as more even or linear response from idle to full speed across the entire range of throttle positions.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,538 Posts
I have an x728, same engine, and I feel like I have a pretty much linear throttle advance through an RPM range from bottom to top. I have never attached a tach to it, but the sound and feel, as well as the speed available makes it seem that way. There are a few other guys on here who have added small electronic tachs to their dash boards, and would provide a more definitive set of metrics than I can.

If you have a digital camera, take a video, capturing the engine sound as you gradually push your throttle through the range. My 2¢, your dealer is looking to avoid addressing your question.

·
Frame Swapped '88 322
1,257 Posts
My X585 responds like that too.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Your dealers should be able to resolve the problem. If I recall correctly, several folks here had the same problem a few months back and I think it was traced to a loose connection in the throttle cable somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts